Your little mutant and his friends will love our X-Men Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great X-Men-themed decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions.
X-Men Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Superhero party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your X-Men party:
- Capes and masks or X-Men costumes
- X-Men cartoons or movies
- X-Men comic books
- X-Men video games
- Cut a round circle out of black paper. Then paste a slightly smaller red circle on top of the black circle. Finally, place a black X on top of the red circle in the center. Now that you've made an X-Men logo, you can write your party details on the back of each one in metallic ink and then mail to each guest. If you'd like, can make the invitation read "X Marks the Spot" too!
- Make the invitation look like a letter from Professor Xavier. Here's an example of the party details you can include in the letter along with some template text:
Your are cordially invited to attend Logan's birthday at Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Children.
X-Men Party Decorating & Food Ideas
X-Men Party Decoration Ideas
- Twist together streamers in the same color scheme as the balloons, and hang them along the walls and doorway(s) in the party area. For a fun touch, hang long strips of streamers in a row across the main entryway to the party area, creating a curtain for your guests to pass through as they come and go.
- Find magazines or online photos featuring an X-Men movie, cut out pictures of the characters, and tape the pictures around the party area.
- Place a few X-Men comic books around the party area for guests to flip through in between activities or as they eat. (These double as great party favors for everyone to take home later.)
- As the children arrive, assign each a mutant name and power. Use
face paint to create mutant features and other designs that represent
each child's powers. (Adults can paint designs on younger children and
older children can paint their own.) For instance, one girl could be
Storm, who has the power to control weather; her face paint design could
include a lightning bolt. Another child could be Wolverine, who has
heightened senses, the ability to heal rapidly, and metal alloy claws
for hand-to-hand combat; his face paint design could include Wolverine's
characteristic brown sideburns, and his fingers could be painted gray
to represent claws.
X-Men Party Food Ideas
In addition to common snack food, you can add some X-Men themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions that are based around popular X-Men characters.
- X-Men Burgers: Serve hamburgers open face and draw an X-Men logo with ketchup on top of each patty.
- Phoenix's Wings: Serve chicken fingers or buffalo wings and label them Phoenix's Wings.
- Mutant Pizza: Set up a food station where the children can make their own pizzas. You can use English muffins or small balls of dough for the crust and then provide a variety of toppings.
- Storm's Salad: Serve tossed salad and label it Storm's Salad.
- Wolverine's Claws: Poke three thin pretzel sticks into the top of a large marshmallow to create a tasty snack that resembles Wolverine's claws. You can also provide chocolate sauce for dipping.
- Ice Man Ice Cream: Serve a variety of ice cream and toppings and label it Ice Man's Ice Cream on the party table.
X-Men Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with heroic party favors! To find a large variety of Superhero party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Superhero rubber ducks
- Superhero capes
- Disc launchers
- Temporary tattoos and stickers
- Coloring activities
- Fun shaped candy and lollipops
- Personalized superhero stickers, zipper pulls, buttons and magnets