Winnie the Pooh Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Do the antics of Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger make your little one giggle with glee? If so, we recommend throwing your child a party worthy of the Hundred Acre Wood with our Pooh Party Ideas! In this planning guide, you'll find loads of tips for unique and creative invitations, decorations, food, party games, and more. Shop our Winnie the Pooh Party Supplies.
Planning & InvitationsChoosing a location for your Pooh themed party will be your priority. Throwing a party at your own home can be a lot of fun since you can get creative with decorations and activities that fit your theme. However, if you would rather hold the party elsewhere, consider choosing a local park, a nature center, or a zoo.
What Do I Need For the Party?
- Pooh party ears
- Teapot and tea cups
- Jars of honey
- A Pooh-themed movie (i.e. Winnie the Pooh, My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Friendly Tails, or Pooh's Heffalump Movie)
Winnie the Pooh 1st Birthday Party Ideas
- Invite your party guests with our Winnie the Pooh 1st Birthday Invitations to call out your child's first major milestone while maintaining your theme.
- Bake or buy a small Winnie the Pooh cake or cupcake just for the birthday child to smash into! Decorate with a 1st birthday candle and provide a separate cake for your adult party guests.
- You'll probably want to take lots of pictures during cake time, so be sure to decorate your little one's highchair using Winnie the Pooh Birthday supplies.
Pooh Party Invitations
- Cut the shape of a jar of honey out of yellow construction paper. In gold pen, write "Our Honey, [birthday child's name], is Turning [age]!" on the front. Include the party details on the back.
- Print out a picture of Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and other friends from the Hundred Acre Wood and paste it to the bottom of a piece of cardstock. Write the party details above the picture. Run a glue stick around the outside of the paper and sprinkle it with yellow glitter.
- Cut out the shape of a big tree. Write the party details on the tree trunk and surround the base with stickers of all the Pooh characters.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized Pooh favor, a small jar of honey, or a stuffed toy of one of the Pooh characters. Then hand-deliver the invitations to your guests.
- Seal your Pooh invitations with a personalized Pooh sticker printed with your party information or a fun message.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too, Are throwing a party and inviting you! Join them in celebrating Riley's big day, With cake and crafts and games to play!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Pooh Party Decorations
- Hang a banner over the entry way into the party area that says, "Welcome to the 100 Acre Wood! Winnie the Pooh and [birthday child] Welcome You!"
- Cut large trees out of brown and green construction paper and tape them to the walls of the party area. For added effect, write the name of one guest on each tree to make each of your child's friends feel special.
- Tie groups of 4 or 5 white balloons tightly together and let them float on the ceiling to resemble clouds.
- Cut bees and butterflies out of construction paper and draw on the details with felt-tip markers. Hang these from the ceiling using fishing line.
- Balloons are a must-have at any party! Tie groups of pastel-colored balloons together and anchor the clusters with balloon weights. Set them around the party area. For added effect, add a Winnie the Pooh balloon to the groups.
- Buy a large clay pot from your local craft store and paint it brown. Add yellow paint to the top to resemble honey and use this "honey pot" as a centerpiece. Fill it with flowers.
- Set out Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore stuffed animals that your child already owns. Group them together and set them on chairs, couches or other places throughout the party space.
- Hang a bee or Pooh pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration, and later a fun party game.
Pooh Party Food Ideas
- Serve cream soda with silly straws and label it "honeydew".
- Pooh loves honey, so serve honey sticks, Honey Nut Cheerios, honey roasted nuts, and Bit-O-Honey candy bars.
- Make a veggie tray full of carrots, baby corn, snap peas, celery, and cherry tomatoes and mark it with a sign that says, "From Rabbit's Garden".
- Layout blue licorice whips and label them "Eeyore Tails".
- Serve "piglets in a blanket" by baking hot dogs in crescent roll dough.
- Serve Teddy Bear shaped graham crackers.
- Use Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore cookie cutters to cut out shapes in cheese, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and cookies.
- Make a Winnie the Pooh cake by baking a round cake and setting two cupcakes at the top for ears. Frost everything in yellow frosting and use black decorator icing to draw on the details.
Winnie The Pooh Party Favors
Ideas for Pooh Party Favors
- A Winnie the Pooh DVD
- A basket of honey-flavored treats
- A stuffed Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, or Eeyore doll
- Bubbles, magnets, lollipops, and other personalized surprises
- Themed stickers and temporary tattoos
- Cool stampers
For more Winnie the Pooh ideas, check us out on Pinterest.