Winnie the Pooh Party
Do the antics of Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger make your little one giggle with glee? If so, we recommend throwing your child a party worthy of the Hundred Acre Wood with our Pooh Party Ideas! In this planning guide youll find loads of tips for unique and creative invitations, decorations, food, party games, and more. Shop our Winnie the Pooh Party Supplies Browse this guide: Winnie the Pooh Invitations Winnie the Pooh Decorations Winnie the Pooh Food Winnie the Pooh Party Favors Winnie the Pooh Games & Activities
For more Winnie the Poohideas, check us out on Pinterest.
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
Planning & InvitationsChoosing a location for your Pooh themed party will be your priority. Throwing a party at your own home can be a lot of fun, since you can get creative with decorations and activities that fit your theme. However, if you would rather hold the party elsewhere, consider choosing a local park, a nature center, or a zoo. For additional ideas, see ourWhen & Where to Have the Party article. What Do I Need For the Party? To start, youll need to include basic party supplies, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery, a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons. To help you get organized, we have created aSuggested Party Supply Listthat you can refer to while shopping. Take your celebration to the next level by adding other items that will help to enhance your theme. For a Pooh Party, you may also want to consider renting or purchasing the following:
- Pooh party ears
- Teapot and tea cups
- Jars of honey
- A Pooh-themed movie (i.e. Winnie the Pooh, My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Friendly Tails, or Pooh's Heffalump Movie)
- Browse ourFirst Birthday Party Ideas Guidefor some basic tips on planning a Winnie the Pooh party for babies.
- Invite your party guests with our Winnie the Pooh 1st Birthday Invitations to call out your childs first major milestone while maintaining your theme.
- Bake or buy a small Winnie the Pooh cake or cupcake just for the birthday child to smash into! Decorate with a1st birthday candleand provide a separate cake for your adult party guests.
- Youll probably want to take lots of pictures during cake time, so be sure to decorate your little ones highchair using Winnie the Pooh First Birthday supplies.
- Cut the shape of a jar of honey out of yellow construction paper. In gold pen, write "Our Honey, [birthday child's name], is Turning [age]!" on the front. Include the party details on the back.
- Print out a picture of Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and other friends from the Hundred Acre Wood and paste it to the bottom of a piece of cardstock. Write the party details above the picture. Run a glue stick around the outside of the paper and sprinkle it with yellow glitter.
- Cut out the shape of a big tree. Write the party details on the tree trunk and surround the base with stickers of all the Pooh characters.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized Pooh favor, a small jar of honey, or a stuffed toy of one of the Pooh characters. Then hand-deliver the invitations to your guests.
- Seal your Pooh invitations with a personalized Pooh sticker printed with your party information or a fun message.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too, Are throwing a party and inviting you! Join them in celebrating Riley's big day, With cake and crafts and games to play!
Pooh Party Decorations Decorations that match your theme make a party even more fun and exciting for both your child and their friends and family. So, for a Winnie the Pooh themed party, be sure to transform your event space into the Hundred Acre Wood! Here are some tips:
- Hang a banner over the entry way into the party area that says, "Welcome to the 100 Acre Wood! Winnie the Pooh and [birthday child] Welcome You!"
- Cut large trees out of brown and green construction paper and tape them to the walls of the party area. For added effect, write the name of one guest on each tree to make each of your child's friends feel special.
- Tie groups of 4 or 5 white balloons tightly together and let them float on the ceiling to resemble clouds.
- Cut bees and butterflies out of construction paper and draw on the details with felt-tip markers. Hang these from the ceiling using fishing line.
- Balloonsare a must-have at any party! Tie groups of pastel-colored balloons together and anchor the clusters with balloon weights. Set them around the party area. For added effect, add a Winnie the Pooh balloon to the groups.
- Buy a large clay pot from your local craft store and paint it brown. Add yellow paint to the top to resemble honey and use this "honey pot" as a centerpiece. Fill it with flowers.
- Set out Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore stuffed animals that your child already owns. Group them together and set them on chairs, couches or other places throughout the party space.
- Hang a bee or Pooh piata in the party area that can be used as a decoration, and later a fun party game. Remember that any piata can be converted to a pull-string with oureasy instructions.
- Serve cream soda withsilly strawsand label it "honey dew".
- Pooh loves honey, so serve honey sticks, Honey Nut Cheerios, honey roasted nuts, and Bit-O-Honey candy bars.
- Make a veggie tray full of carrots, baby corn, snap peas, celery, and cherry tomatoes and mark it with a sign that says, "From Rabbit's Garden".
- Lay out blue licorice whips and label them "Eeyore Tails".
- Serve "piglets in a blanket" by baking hot dogs in crescent roll dough.
- Serve Teddy Bear shaped graham crackers.
- Use Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore cookie cutters to cut out shapes in cheese, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and cookies.
- Make a Winnie the Pooh cake by baking a round cake and setting two cupcakes at the top for ears. Frost everything in yellow frosting and use black decorator icing to draw on the details.
Party Favor IdeasIdeas for Pooh Party Favors Party favors are a nice way takeaway for guests after a special party. Send your guests home with a smile with party favors that fit your theme, such as:
- A Winnie the Pooh DVD
- A basket of honey-flavored treats
- A stuffed Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, or Eeyore doll
- Bubbles, magnets, lollipops, and other personalized surprises
- Themed stickers and temporary tattoos
- Cool stampers
Party Planning Toolbox
- Winnie the Pooh Party Supplies:Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Winnie the Pooh Personalized Items:Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101:Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas:This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100:Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator:Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas:Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
The Winnie the Pooh name and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney and based on the "Winnie the Pooh" works by A.A. Milne and E.H. Shepard. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney.