What You'll Need:
- Red and Pink Construction Paper
- Pink Yarn or Pipe Cleaners
- Wiggle Eyes (optional)
You may wish to print out a copy of the directions below for each child.
At the Party:
Follow these steps to create a Valentine's mouse:
- Cut a heart out of red construction paper for the mouse's body.
- Crease the heart by folding it in half, and then unfold it.
- Glue a piece of yarn or pipe cleaner into the fold so that it hangs out about 3 inches, forming the mouse's tail.
- Fold the heart in half again, and glue it shut.
- Cut out two hearts from red construction paper, about one-fourth the size of the body.
- Cut out two hearts from pink construction paper, about half the size of the red hearts in step 5.
- Glue the pink hearts from step 6 onto the red hearts from step 5, and fold them in half, pink side facing outward. These will be the mouse's ears.
- Fit the ears over the body, and glue them to the body.
- If desired, glue wiggle eyes to the body, or have the children add eyes with a marker.