Hugs & Kisses
At the Party:
- Pick one child to be the leader. For young children, you may need an adult leader.
- Have the remaining players stand alongside each other, facing the leader.
- When the leader says "Hugs," the players are to make a circle with their arms above their heads.
- When the leader says "Kisses," the players should make an "X" with their arms up and out and their legs spread shoulder-width apart. If the leader says any other phrase, the players should not move.
- The leader should start the game by saying "Hugs" or "Kisses," and continue shouting out the words in varying order, trying to confuse the guests. The leader may also say other things to try and get the players to move. For instance, the leader may throw in a "Jump" or "Hop" every so often.
- If a player makes the wrong sign or moves when he/she should not, that player is out. Play continues until only one player remains. That player is the winner, as well as the leader for the next round if you wish to play multiple rounds.
Top of Page