What You'll Need:
- Pink and Red Construction Paper
- A Few Bags (for the alternate version)
At the Party:
- Cut out enough construction-paper hearts so that there is one heart for every two players.
- Cut the hearts in half using a different zigzag pattern for each heart.
- Have the players stand in a circle.
- Give one half of a heart to each child.
- When you say, "Go," each player must try to find the player holding the other half of their heart.
- The first pair to successfully match their halves win.
This can be played as a team game.
- Cut out enough hearts so that there is one heart per guest, and cut each heart in half using different zigzag patterns.
- Break your guests into teams of three or four, and have the members of each team line up one behind the other.
- Hand one heart half to each member of the first team, and place the other halves in a bag several feet away.
- Do the same for the other teams.
- When you say, "Go," the first member of each team must run to the bag and pull out a heart half.
- If it matches, he/she runs back, and the next team member repeats the procedure.
- If it does not match, the player must return the mismatched heart half to the box, run back to the end of the line, and try again once the line has cycled through once.
- The first team to match all of their hearts wins the game.