Valentine's Day Party Ideas
Plan some Valentine's Day fun for your child and friends this holiday. We have Valentine's Day party ideas for decorations, food and games to help you host a fun party for your little Valentines! For great Valentine's Day party favors and decorations, shop our Valentine Party Supplies! Are you a teacher throwing a Valentine's Day party for your students? Check out some of our Valentine's Day School Party Ideas here, too!
Valentine's Day Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Valentine's Day party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Valentine's Day party:
- Card-making supplies such as construction paper, stickers, markers and glitter
- Valentine's themed candy and boxes of chocolates.
- Roses, pictures of cupid and heart shaped decorations.
- Cut two heart shapes out of cardstock, one in red and one in pink, and paste one slightly overlapped onto the other. Write the party details on one side, and let your child write a personal message to each guest on the other.
- Fold a square of pink cardstock in half. On the front, glue Red Hots candy in the shape of a heart. Write "You're Invited..." inside the heart and print the party details inside. Mail your Valentine invitations with a box of Red Hots, candy message hearts or Valentine themed candy for a special treat.
Valentine's Day Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Decorating your party space to fit your Valentine theme is a fun way to keep the party going strong! Here are a few Valentine's Day party ideas to help you transform your party space into a room fit for Cupid:
- Cut out large letters from construction paper that spell out "LOVE", "CUPID", and "XOXO" and secure them to the walls of the Valentine party area. Hang red, white and pink crepe paper streamers on the walls and ceiling between the letters.
- Cut hearts of different sizes out of red, pink and white card stock and secure them to the walls of your Valentine's Day party. For a special touch, write your guests' names on the hearts in>glitter. Cut large hearts out of construction paper and secure them on the walkway leading up to the entrance. Paste one on the front door as well.
- Set vases of red roses, tulips, carnations, and red Gerbera daisies on tables and windowsills and sprinkle heart confetti around the bases. Use cupcake centerpieces or Valentine cupcake centerpieces for a sweet themed Valentine party.
- Tie groups of three or four balloons together, like a bouquet, and tie them to the
backs of chairs.
- Cover tables with pink or red plastic table covers and sprinkle with chocolate kisses, Valentine's Day stickers and conversation hearts.
For any party, you can keep the food simple and serve traditional hotdogs, hamburgers, or pizza. However, if you would like to serve some unique snacks that relate to the Valentine party theme, consider these tasty Valentine's Day party food ideas:
- Make a fruit kabob bouquet by adding strawberries, blueberries, chunks of pineapple, and slices of banana onto skewers. Place the skewers in a vase with the fruit-side up. This will make a great decoration before snack time.
- Serve homemade Linzer Heart Cookies with strawberry ice cream or raspberry sherbet.
- Serve strawberries dipped in white or milk chocolate. Lay them out in a heart shape on a tray lined with wax paper.
- Arrange a bunch of vegetables in the shape of a heart. Build up the heart into a pyramid with a different veggie on each layer.
- Serve Nanaberry Smoothies, fruit punch or strawberry milk with silly straws.
- Create a Valentine's Day "Love Bug" cake by frosting a ladybug cake pan with pink and red icing. Frost hearts in place of the ladybug's spots and add hearts to the end of the antennae.
- Valentine's White Hot Cocoa: Make tasty Valentine's Day hot chocolate by adding red food coloring to our white hot chocolate recipe.
Valentine's Day Party Favor Ideas
Send your little sweethearts home with party favors they'll never forget such as:
- A box of chocolates
- A personalized favor such as a zipper pull, sticker, bag tag or placemat.
- A large swirl pop
- A stuffed Teddy Bear
- A stationary set that includes a heart pencil, notepad and eraser
- A Valentine's Day card written by the party host
- Scented lotion