Valentine's Day Party Ideas
Plan some Valentine's Day fun for your child and friends this holiday. We have Valentine's Day party ideas for decorations, food and games to help you host a fun party for your little Valentines! For great Valentine's Day party favors and decorations, shop our>Valentine Party Supplies! Are you a teacher throwing a Valentine's Day party for your students? Check out our Valentine's Day School Party Ideas. Browse our Valentine Party Guide: Valentine Invitations Valentine Decorations Valentine Food Valentine Party Favors Valentine Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Valentine's Day party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Valentine's Day party:
- Card-making supplies such as construction paper, stickers, markers and>glitter
- Valentine's themed candy and boxes of chocolates. We suggest our>marshmallow cupcake candy to match a Valentine sweets theme.
- Valentine's Day movies such as Mickey & Minnie's Sweetheart Stories, Lady and the Tramp, A Charlie Brown Valentine, or Beauty and the Beast
- Roses, pictures of cupid and heart shaped decorations.
- A pinata
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized Valentine party supplies curling ribbon. Our cupcake personalized party supplies such as bag tags and bookmarks also make great attachments to your Valentine invitations. You may also attach a stuffed animal or a single flower. Hand deliver the party invitations to your guests
- Cut two heart shapes out of cardstock, one in red and one in pink, and paste one slightly overlapped onto the other. Write the party details on one side, and let your child write a personal message to each guest on the other.
- Fold a square of pink cardstock in half. On the front, glue Red Hots candy in the shape of a heart. Write "You're Invited..." inside the heart and print the party details inside. Mail your Valentine invitations with a box of Red Hots, candy message hearts or Valentine themed candy for a special treat.
- Buy a heart-shaped box of chocolates for each of your guests. Write the Valentine party details in black marker or attach a>personalized Valentine sticker printed with the party details on the top of the box and hand-deliver to your guests.
- Use white card stock to cut out the shape of a pair of angel wings. On the left, write "Cupid invites you to [child's name]'s Valentine's Day party!" On the right side, write your party details. Fold the wings together to create a side fold card.
- Include a>Valentine sticker or>Valentine's Day fun band in your Valentine invitation envelopes and seal them with a>Valentine's Day personalized sticker.
- Include creative wording for your Valentine party details, such as: On Valentine's Day Cupid will agree,It's a great day for a special party!So wear red or pink and get ready to eat!We'll all exchange cards and snack on some treats!
- Cut out large letters from construction paper that spell out "LOVE", "CUPID", and "XOXO" and secure them to the walls of the Valentine party area. Hang red, white and pink>crepe paper streamers on the walls and ceiling between the letters.
- Cut hearts of different sizes out of red, pink and white cardstock and secure them to the walls of your Valentine's Day party. For a special touch, write your guests' names on the hearts in>glitter. Cut large hearts out of construction paper and secure them on the walkway leading up to the entrance. Paste one on the front door as well.
- Set vases of red roses, tulips, carnations, and red Gerbera daisies on tables and windowsills and sprinkle heart confetti around the bases. Use>cupcake centerpieces or>Valentine cupcake centerpieces for a sweet themed Valentine party.
- Tie groups of three or four balloons together and tie them to the backs of chairs. Anchor them with balloon weights and set them near doorways or in the corners of the party area. Make sure to add a few heart-shaped balloons to the mix.
- Cover tables with pink or red>plastic table covers and sprinkle with chocolate kisses, Valentine's Day stickers and conversation hearts.
- Make a fruit kabob bouquet by adding strawberries, blueberries, chunks of pineapple, and slices of banana onto skewers. Place the skewers in a vase with the fruit-side up. This will make a great decoration before snack time.
- Serve homemade Linzer Heart Cookies with strawberry ice cream or raspberry sherbet.
- Serve strawberries dipped in white or milk chocolate. Lay them out in a heart shape on a tray lined with wax paper.
- Arrange a bunch of vegetables in the shape of a heart. Build up the heart into a pyramid with a different veggie on each layer.
- Serve Nanaberry Smoothies, fruit punch or strawberry milk with silly straws.
- Make a Valentine's Day cake by baking your favorite mix in a heart-shaped cake pan or using a round cake pan and cutting the heart shape yourself after baking. Frost your cake in pink frosting and decorate with fresh strawberries and edible flowers. Sprinkle red-dyed coconut or Red Hots candy around the base.
- Create a Valentine's Day "Love Bug" cake by frosting a>ladybug cake pan with pink and red icing. Frost hearts in place of the ladybug's spots and add hearts to the end of the antennae.
- >Valentine's White Hot Cocoa: Make tasty Valentine's Day hot chocolate by adding red food coloring to our white hot chocolate recipe.
Party Favor IdeasValentine's Day Party Favors Send your little sweethearts home with party favors they'll never forget such as:
- A box of chocolates
- A personalized favor such as a zipper pull, sticker, bag tag or placemat.
- A large swirl pop
- A stuffed Teddy Bear
- A stationary set that includes a heart>pencil,>notepad and>eraser
- A Valentine's Day card written by the party host
- Scented lotion
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Valentine's Day Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.