Tye Dye 60s Party Ideas
If you are looking to throw a bright and energetic birthday, this is the guide for you! This Tie-Dye party guide is brimming with birthday ideas for a hippie party as well as tips for rainbow decorations, favors, invitations and more. Shop our Tie-Dye Party Supplies. Browse our Tie-Dye Party Guide: Tie-Dye Party Planning & Invitations Tie-Dye Decorations Tie-Dye Party Food Tie-Dye Party Favors Tie-Dye Party Planning Toolbox Tie-Dye Party Games & Activities
Throw a bright and vibrant party with Tie-Dye decorations like streamers, banners and balloons to transform your birthday party into a Tie-Dye extravaganza! Here are a few tips on how to decorate for a Tie-Dye party:
What Do I Need For my Tie-Dye Party?In addition to basic Tie-Dye party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your groovy hippie party:
- Tie-Dye stationery sets
- Tie-dye t-shirt crafts
- Temporary hair dye and accessories
- Rainbow wigs and hippie 60s costumes
Tie-Dye Party InvitationsFor a special touch, invite your guests to your Tie-Dye party with our Tie-Dye personalized invitations. Would you rather try your hand at making DIY invitations? Creative invitations build excitement and set the mood before the party even starts! If you have time to make your own, consider these suggestions for your hippie party invitations:
- Cut out butterflies, peace signs, or flowers from different colors of Tie-Dye construction paper. Write your party details on the front and add confetti to the envelope for a bright invite!
- Ask guests to bring a shirt or other clothing article to tie-dye at your party if you plan on hosting a tie-dying activity. You may also want to ask each guest to wear an accessory like a favorite headband or scarf to dye.
- Decorate your card-style invitations with highlighters and stickers for a fun hippie look.
- Seal your Tie-Dye party invitation envelopes with our personalized Tie-Dye stickers filled out with your party info or a special message!
- Try using a creative rhyme for your Tie-Dye invitations:
- Welcome your guests to your Tie-Dye party with a personalized banner.
- Make paper cutouts of rainbows and brightly colored hearts, flowers, and stars. The key here is getting some vibrant color on your walls!
- Decorate with personalized banners that mention your child by name. Think of a special message that will bring a smile to his or her face.
- Add bright colors to every aspect of your event from the balloons to the table centerpieces. Silk flowers, ceiling danglers, and pinatas all come in a bright variety of Tie-Dye colors.
- The 80s is a great decade to look at for Tie-Dye inspiration. From video games to pop singers, Tie-Dye was everywhere! Draw some great ideas from this rad decade.
- Invite your guests to dress in their brightest outfits to match the fun Tie-Dye theme.
Tie-Dye Party Food IdeasHere are some of our favorite Tie-Dye party foods for your guests to enjoy!
- Create a layer cake using a swirl of colors! Bake each layer of your cake with different food dye to make a rainbow inside. You can also create a Tie-Dye marble design the same way. You can also use food coloring to brighten up cereal marshmallow treats, noodles, and pudding.
- Serve up bright candies and drinks to match your Tie-Dye theme. Many sweet treats come in a rainbow of colors. Look to licorice, candy dot buttons, and lollipops to brighten up your rainbow theme. Smiley face cookies also fit in great with a hippie theme.
- Fruits come in all colors of the rainbow. Serve up a fruit platter with vibrant and delicious fruits to match your colorful theme.
- Rainbow pizza is a simple and tasty pick for your hippie party food table. Use green peppers, yellow pineapple, and red pepperoni to make a colorful and tasty meal.
- Use a star cookie cutter to create the base for a rainbow treat. Use Tie-Dye icing and food coloring to add color to your baking.
- Create a 60s theme with fad foods like granola, pita bread, cereal mix.
- Tie-Dye cloth napkins to serve with your meals for a bright decoration.
Tie-Dye Party FavorsSend your guests home from your Tie-Dye party smiling with fun rainbow favors! Here are a few Tie-Dye party favor ideas:
- Decorate plain color favor bags with Tie-Dye swirls. You can even have guests create a Tie-Dye tote bag with which to take home their gifts. Fill them up with toys and candy favors!
- Tie-Dye Crafts: Pick out some brightly colored craft supplies to create tons of fun art projects. Paint stained glass decorations, coloring pages, and more!
- Get groovy with hippie costumes and accessories
- Shop our complete favor kits for hassle-free toys and gifts.
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Personalized Party Supplies: Make your event unique with custom favors and decorations.
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.