What You'll Need:
- Red, Green, Yellow, Black, & White Construction Paper
- Brass Paper Fasteners (optional)
- Glue or Paste
- Scissors or a Pencil & an X-Acto Knife
- Copies of Our Train Pattern (1 for each child)
At the Party:
- If you have very young guests attending your party, you should cut out all of the construction paper pieces in advance.
- To do this, first cut out the shapes from our Train Pattern using scissors.
- Next, cut out construction paper shapes from the appropriate colors using our Train Pattern as an outline.
- Do this by placing each Train Pattern piece over the construction paper and either (a) holding the piece in place while cutting around it with an X-Acto knife, or (b) holding the piece in place while tracing around it lightly with a pencil, then cutting around the trace line using scissors.
Give each child a copy of our Train Pattern
, and explain the instructions above (if you haven't cut the pieces out yourself). Once everyone has a set of train parts, give each child a sheet of white paper. Have them:
- Glue the red engine to the paper.
- Add the green vertical stripes to the side of the engine.
- Add the yellow light to the front of the engine.
- Attach the wheels with paper fasteners so that they turn, or just glue them on, if desired.