What You'll Need:
- A plastic sand sifter, or a metal pie plate with holes poked through the bottom
- A large bag of play sand
- Small toys
- Gold "treasure" (e.g. pennies, chocolate gold coins, small rocks spray-painted gold, etc.)
- A sandbox, small wading pool or large shallow cardboard box
- Goodie bags or boxes
Scatter your gold "treasures" in your sandbox. If you do not have a sandbox, purchase a bag of play sand from your local nursery or home improvement store. You can make a temporary one using a small wading pool or a wide, shallow cardboard box. Sweep the sand over the treasures to hide them. Make sure you have enough treasures so each guest receives three.
At the Party:
Did You Like This Game?
- Give each child a turn to search the sandbox with a sifter. Let the children search until they find at least three pieces of treasure.
- Set up "Woody's Country Store" where the children can trade their treasures for small prizes, such as gummy candy snakes, water pistols, cowboy stickers and other Toy Story party favors.
- If you'd like, you can make some treasures worth more than others. If you choose to do this, set up a sign in the Country Store explaining the value of each piece of treasure.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!