Thor has been a popular Marvel superhero since the 1950s due to his heroic strength, agility and ability to summon lightning. Born on planet Asgard, Thor was sent to Earth by his father Odin. Thor's memories of his home planet were erased until one day he found a magical hammer from his planet named "Mjolnir." Only a true hero could wield the hammer. With the hammer, Thor rediscovered his powers. With the aid of Mjolnir and his Belt of Strength, Thor keeps Earth and Asgard safe from villains. If your child is ready to wield Thor's mighty hammer then read on for ideas that will make your party thunderously fun!
Thor Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Thor party:
- Thor comics
- Thor helmets
- Thor Hammers
- Costumes for other Avenger characters such as Spider-Man, The Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Captain America
- Send your guests an invitation that's also an action-packed toy! Write your party details with a permanent marker on a new deflated inflatable hammer or a punch balloon. Mail in a padded envelope. Inflate the hammer for writing and deflate again when sending. Your guests will have to blow up the hammer or balloon to read the party announcement.
- Include a Thor comic book with your invitation. This will acquaint your guests with your party theme and get them excited to celebrate.
- Ask your guests to come to the party dressed as their favorite Marvel superhero. Some costume options are Spider-man, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hulk, Thing, Human Torch, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Storm, Nick Fury or Wolverine.
Thor Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Decorate your party room to look like Thor's home planet, Asgard. Here are some decorating tips that will help you be the hero of the party!
- Make Thor hammers and give one to each guest as they arrive to color and assemble.
- Make comic book placemats. Find old, yet affordable comic books and carefully remove the pages. Laminate two pages side-by-side to create one placemat. Arrange the placemats on your party table and then guests can take them home as favors at the end of the day.
- Cut large yellow lightning bolts out of craft paper and tack them to the walls. You can also make thin lightning bolts with yellow streamers by taping them to the wall in a zigzag pattern.
- Affix glow in the dark stars to the ceiling and then dim the lights.
- Make red capes using our instructions and place one on the back of each chair. Your guests can wear them at the party and take them home as favors.
- Use red, yellow and blue streamers and balloons to decorate the area. You can tie balloons to Thor action figures or helmets too.
Present your party food in stacks to look like a feast fit for Thor! Here are some ways to make smaller portions look like a lot of food to your little heroes.
- Tower of Power: Make hamburger sliders and stack them vertically on wooden skewers. This will look like a tower of burgers!
- Lightning Rods: Serve foot long hotdogs in buns and draw lightning with mustard on each one.
- Thor's Cheese Hammer: Place a large rectangular block of cheese on a platter. Insert a wooden dowel on the side of the cheese so that it resembles a handle. Arrange the crackers in the shape of lightning on the side of the platter. Let your guests see the cheese hammer before slicing it!
- Loki Gnocchi: Prepare your favorite type of gnocchi and serve with tomato or cheese sauce.
- Golden Apples: Thor needs to eat golden apples from his planet to rejuvenate his powers. Therefore, you can serve golden delicious apple slices with peanut butter and honey for dipping.
- Thunder Shake: Make ice cream soda using vanilla ice cream and lemon lime soda such as Mountain Dew. This recipe is super sweet so we suggest serving small portions to your guests!
Thor Party Favors
Thank your guests with thunderous party favors! To find a large variety of superhero party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Thor helmets
- Red superhero capes
- Thor notepads and pencils
- Thor wristbands
- Thor stickers and temporary tattoos
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops