We have a feast of savvy kids' Thanksgiving games and activities for your Thanksgiving Day Celebration or children's classroom party. Choose your favorites below, and share that holiday gratitude while making fond Thanksgiving Day memories for years to come! Some of our suggestions work well for a large group and some may work better for a smaller family celebration. No matter which Thanksgiving activities you choose, they're all about Family, Friends, Food, and Fun! Browse This Guide: Thanksgiving Planning Thanksgiving Food Thanksgiving Decorations Thanksgiving Party Favors Thanksgiving Games & Activities
Planning Your Thanksgiving CelebrationWhat Do I Need For the Party? Read through the activities you select as some may require construction paper, paper bags, or other materials. The good news is almost all of these activities can be adapted to a large or small group and work for any budget. If you're unsure of how much time your activities will take and or want some quiet entertainment up your sleeve, consider these traditional Thanksgiving movies or read-aloud books:
- 1973 movie, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- Disney video, Winnie the Pooh - Seasons of Giving
- DVD, Garfield: Holiday Celebration
- Book by Alison Jackson, I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie
- Book by Louisa May Alcott, An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving
- Book by Natasha Wings, The Night Before Thanksgiving
- Book by Harry Devlin, Cranberry Thanksgiving
- Book by Teresa Bateman, A Plump and Perky Turkey
- Ice Cream Cone Pilgrim Hats: Wrap a length of red fruit leather around the middle of a regular ice cream cone, right under the lip of the cone. Make sure you press the overlapped edges of the fruit leather together so they stick. Place a small rectangle of yellow fruit leather to the top of the red band to form the "buckle." You can serve these plain, or fill the cones with M&Ms or Skittles before serving.
- Turkey Cut-Outs: Use turkey-shaped cookie cutters to cut out sandwiches, rice cereal treats, sugar cookies, and cheese squares.
- Cranberry Snack Mix: Mix together dried cranberries, raisons, sunflower seeds, and peanuts, and serve in shallow paper cups.
- Edible Teepees: Frost sugar cones in white frosting and pipe on the details, such as the door opening and zigzag decorations, in chocolate decorator icing.
- Marshmallow Pilgrim Hats: Use a dab of frosting to attach a marshmallow to a round cookie. Frost the entire thing in chocolate frosting. Pipe the hat's buckle on the bottom of the marshmallow with yellow decorator icing.
- Set out groups of gourds and mini pumpkins around the party space - in corners and on tables. At the party, kids can paint on funny faces or apply face stickers to the pumpkins.
- Make paper turkeys to post on the walls around the room. Cut large teardrop shapes out of different colored construction paper and paste these on a circle of cardboard (these are the feathers). In the middle, paste a brown paper circle for the turkey's head. Add a yellow beak and a red wattle. Use yellow pipe cleaners as legs to complete the look!
- Cover card tables with orange or yellow plastic table covers. Sprinkle fall foliage around the tables.
- Twist yellow, orange or brown streamers together and drape them along the ceiling.
Party Favor IdeasThanksgiving Party Favor Ideas A fun way to incorporate party favors into your celebration is to have various crafts planned, and then have the final products serve as Thanksgiving party favors. Guests can take home and share with these crafts with their families. See the Games & Activities section below for some Thanksgiving craft ideas. You may also want to send your guests home with some extra treats such as:
- Silly straws
- Monogram personalized items like bookmarks, buttons and zipper pulls
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Themed Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.