Teddy Bear Picnic Party
Today is the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic! A Teddy Bear Picnic Party is an adorable way to celebrate a toddler's birthday. Friends of your little one will be thrilled to play games, doarts and crafts, and much more with their favorite stuffed companion by their side. Below youll find advice on how to create the perfect invitations, decorations, food, favors, games, and crafts for a Teddy Bear Picnic Party. Shop our Animal Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Food Party Favors Games & Activities
Teddy Bear Picnic Party Invitation Ideas Get party guests excited for your child's upcoming Teddy Bear Picnic with "beary" creative invitations, like these:
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basicparty supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Teddy Bear Picnic party:
- Picnic Tables
- A Barbecue Grill
- Picnic Blankets
- Teddy Bears
- Teddy Bear Clothes and Accessories
- A Jumbo Parachute
- Purchase small teddy bears and attach them to your invitations. You can print your invites on card stock that's small enough for each teddy bear to hold in between its paws.
- Include a scrap of a checkered tablecloth, an image of a teddy bear, and a bear cookie cutter along with your invitation. Then you can see if your guests can guess what type of party you are having!
- Cut a piece of brown construction paper into the shape of a teddy bear. Add googly eyes and a felt nose. You can also draw a circle where the bear's belly is and write the party details on it. Finish off each invitation with a ribbon bow tie.
- Place your invitation inside of an easy to makeorigami picnic basket.
- Let guests know about your tots bash with the chorus fromThe Teddy Bear Picnic song, or provide the details of the occasionin the form a cute poem, like this one:
Gather your teddies and listen real quick, Bailey's having a birthday and a Teddy Bear picnic! So bring your favorite teddy and your appetite too, We'll be "beary" happy to celebrate with you!
Teddy Bear Picnic Party Decoration Ideas While its likely that youll choose to host your Teddy Bear Picnic outdoors, you should be prepared to move the festivities inside in case of inclement weather. Here are some decoration ideas that will work for all celebrations, regardless of location:
- Gather all of the teddy bears that you can find and spread them around the picnic area.
- Spread checkered picnic blankets around the snack area to offer a visual cue of where food can be found.
- Remember to clipballoon weightsto the corners of any blankets to keep them in place. Plus, you can attach balloons to add a fun pop of color to your decor!
- Use large picnic baskets as cool, functional centerpieces when you fill them with snack pouches, juice boxes or baked goods and place them in the center of any table. You can also tie balloons to the handles of the picnic baskets to enhance their use as a striking focal point.
- If you have an especially large teddy bear, you can have the children sit in its lap and use it as a fun photo spot for the attendees of your party.Otherwise, be sure to set up a photo station where children can pose with their teddy bears. You can mail the photos to your guests along with their thank you cards.
- Beary Good Sandwiches:Use a bear cookie cutter to cut sandwiches into teddy bear shapes. You can serve peanut butter and jelly, cold cuts, or grilled cheese. Add eyes to the sandwiches using raisins or peanuts.
- Honey Chicken Strips:Preheat the oven to 425 F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Whisk together 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. Pour Panko bread crumbs into a small bowl. Season uncooked chicken strips with a dash of salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the honey mixture and then into the bread crumbs. Place the coated chicken on the baking sheet and then bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Teddy Bear S'mores Trail Mix:Make s'mores trail mix with graham cracker teddy bears, small marshmallows and chocolate chips. Serve in small paper cups. For more fun, serve the trail mix in a bear-shaped receptacle.
- Beary Cups:In small serving dishes, alternate layers of vanilla yogurt with layers of chopped strawberries and blueberries. Add a ladyfinger to the dish as a finishing touch.
- Orange Honey Smoothie:Blend together 1-1/2 cups of chilled vanilla soy milk, 6 ounces of frozen orange juice, 1 large peeled, ripe banana and 1/3 cup of honey. Add 8 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth and thick. Serve immediately.
- Ants on a Log:Spread peanut butter on celery sticks and top with raisins.
Cupcake cakes are easy to make and are always a huge hit among party goers! Just bake your childs favorite kind of cupcakes and then arrange them in the shape of a teddy bear's face before frosting and decorating.Here's a breakdown of how to make the dessert:
- Use ourchocolate cake recipeor ouryellow cake recipeto bake the cupcakes.
- Prepare the chocolate frosting that's mentioned in ourchocolate cake recipe.
- Arrange the unfrosted cupcakes in the shape of a teddy bear's face. Use our picture above as your reference.
- Frost all of the cupcakes with chocolate frosting except for the ones that are positioned in the middle of the ears, the eyes and the nose.
- Use pink icing to decorate the cupcakes that are positioned inside the teddy bear's ears and the nose.
- Use blue icing to decorate the cupcakes that are positioned where the teddy bear's eyes are located.
- Finally, draw a mouth across the bottom of the face with pink icing.
Party Favor IdeasTeddy Bear Picnic Party Favor Ideas Send your guests home from your Teddy Bear Picnic with a basket full of goodies such as:
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.