Tangled Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
You won't have to get Tangled up in the details because our Tangled Party Ideas make it simple to plan your little girl's Rapunzel Party. Using our decorations and game and activity ideas, you can create a magical birthday party for your Rapunzel fan!
Tangled Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to our Disney's Tangled basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your party:
- A bounce castle
- Long blonde wigs
- Hair accessories such as clips, flower headbands, bows, ponytail holders and clip-in hair extensions
- Dolls and toys
- The soundtrack, movie or video game
- Painting supplies
- A princess pinata
- Attach one of our personalized Rapunzel invitations to a clip-in hair extensions, princess tiara or Tangled doll.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation, and tie it with curling ribbon to one of our personalized items. You will need to deliver them by hand or use padded mailing envelopes.
- Include stickers with your party invitation and seal the envelope with one of our personalized party stickers printed with the party details or a fun message!
- Cut dark gray paper into the shape of a frying pan. In the middle of the pan, write your party details in silver marker. If you'd like, add gold star stickers or gold glitter around the edge of the frying pan.
Tangled Party Decorating & Food
You don't need a royal budget to decorate your castle in style. Along with Mylar balloons and themed Tangled decorations, you can mix in pink and purple streamers and balloons. Here are some creative decorating ideas.
- Drape yellow streamers, yarn or ribbon all over the party area to look like hair. Affix silk or plastic flowers to the braids for some color.
- Make paper lanterns to add a festive touch to your decorations. Recreate the magical scene from Disney's Tangled in which Rapunzel and Flynn are surrounded by glowing lanterns! This doubles as a fun craft activity!
- Set up a station where party guests can give each other princess makeovers. Supply new hair accessories, tiaras, costume jewelry and a large mirror.
- Paint a variety of small boxes gray and tape them closed. Build a tower out of the boxes that the children can knock down and rebuild at the party.
- Use Tangled toys such as a Maximus horse, Pascal stuffed animal or Rapunzel doll to hold balloons in place.
- Play the soundtrack in the background. If the children would like to sing along, videotape them performing their favorite songs!
- Give each girl a blonde wig to wear as they arrive. These can be taken home as favors at the end of the party.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can serve some Disney's Tangled themed food. Here are some suggestions.
- Angel Hair: Serve angel hair pasta with Alfredo sauce or another white cheese sauce.
- Graham Cracker Towers: Create an edible tower! Let the children work as a team to create an edible masterpiece with graham crackers, icing, waffle cones, pretzels, candies, and any other decorative edibles! You can also turn this into a game by seeing which team can make the highest tower.
- Bagel Tower: Create Rapunzel's tower out of bagels by stacking them as high as you can using toothpicks. Provide cream cheese, butter and jelly for your guests to spread on their bagels. Remove toothpicks while serving.
- Braided Dough: Challah bread is made from dough that has been braided. This will complement your party nicely and tastes great dipped in hot fudge!
Tangled Party Favors
Send your little princesses back to their castles with some hair-raising party favors. To find a large variety of party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Lip gloss
- Toy jewelry
- Stickers and Temporary tattoos
- Princess shaped rubber bands
- Princess Coloring and Activity book
- Candy rings, candy necklaces and ring pops