You won't have to get Tangled up in the details because our Tangled Party Ideas make it simple to plan your little girl's Rapunzel Party. Using our decorations and game and activity ideas, you can create a magical birthday party for your Rapunzel fan! Shop our Tangled Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations, Decorations, Party Food, Party Favors, Tangled Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to our Disney's Tangled basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your party:
- A bounce castle
- Long blonde wigs
- Hair accessories such as clips, flower headbands, bows, ponytail holders and clip-in hair extensions
- Dolls and toys
- The soundtrack, movie or video game
- Painting supplies (water colors or tempera paints, paper and brushes)
- A princess pinata
- Attach one of our personalized Rapunzel invitations to a clip-in hair extensions, princess tiara or Tangled doll.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation, and tie it with curling ribbon to one of our personalized Tangled party supplies. You will need to deliver them by hand or use padded mailing envelopes.
- Include Tangled stickers with your party invitation and seal the envelope with one of our personalized party stickers printed with the party details or a fun message!
- Cut dark gray paper into the shape of a frying pan. In the middle of the pan, write your party details in silver marker. If you'd like, add gold star stickers or gold glitter around the edge of the frying pan.
- Cut a piece of yellow construction paper into a 5 x 11-inches long strip. Write your party details and a cute poem on the strip of paper. Decorate the paper with stickers. Fold the paper up four times like an accordion so that the card will unravel when unfolded. If you'd like, you can use the poem below for your Tangled invitation.
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, please let down your hair,We're celebrating Aubrey's birthday so it's time to prepare! So get out your hairspray, your brush and your comb, We can't wait to get Tangled with you in our home!
Disney's Tangled Party Decoration Ideas
You don't need a royal budget to decorate your castle in style. Along with Mylar balloons and themed Tangled decorations, you can mix in pink and purple streamers and balloons. Here are some creative decorating ideas.
- Drape yellow streamers, yarn or ribbon all over the party area to look like hair. Affix silk or plastic flowers to the braids for some color.
- Make paper lanterns to add a festive touch to your decorations. Recreate the magical scene from Disney's Tangled in which Rapunzel and Flynn are surrounded by glowing lanterns! This doubles as a fun craft activity!
- Set up a station where party guests can give each other princess makeovers. Supply new hair accessories, tiaras, costume jewelry and a large mirror.
- Paint a variety of small boxes gray and tape them closed. Build a tower out of the boxes that the children can knock down and rebuild at the party.
- Use Tangled toys such as a Maximus horse, Pascal stuffed animal or Rapunzel doll to hold balloons in place.
- Play the soundtrack in the background. If the children would like to sing along, videotape them performing their favorite songs!
- Give each girl a blonde wig to wear as they arrive. These can be taken home as favors at the end of the party.
- Angel Hair: Serve angel hair pasta with Alfredo sauce or another white cheese sauce.
- Graham Cracker Towers: Create an edible tower! Let the children work as a team to create an edible masterpiece with graham crackers, icing, waffle cones, pretzels, candies, and any other decorative edibles! You can also turn this into a game by seeing which team can make the highest tower.
- Bagel Tower: Create Rapunzel's tower out of bagels by stacking them as high as you can using toothpicks. Provide cream cheese, butter and jelly for your guests to spread on their bagels. Remove toothpicks while serving.
- Braided Dough: Challah bread is made from dough that has been braided. This will complement your party nicely and tastes great dipped in hot fudge!
- Petit Fours: Check out our petit fours recipe so you can make the perfect treat for your princesses.
- Princess Cookies and Sandwiches: Decorative cookies and sandwiches always add personality to a party. Use cookie cutters in the shapes of stars, butterflies and flowers and our sugar cookie recipe to impress your royal guests.
- First, you will need two dozen doughnuts. Request ones with rainbow or colorful sprinkles and icing. All the doughnuts should have holes and not be filled with cream or jelly. Also buy a small box of doughnut holes.
- Carefully stack the doughnuts as high as you can by using toothpicks to hold them in place. For extra support, stack the doughnuts around a clean PVC pipe.
- After you Ice the top of the doughnut tower, place square miniature candy bars.
- At the bottom of the tower, place doughnut holes.
- On top of the doughnut holes, write a birthday message. You can write one letter on each doughnut hole and arrange them to spell the message.
- Remove all the toothpicks while serving.
Party Favor IdeasDisney's Tangled Party Favor Ideas Send your little princesses back to their castles with some hair-raising party favors. To find a large variety of party favors, visit our Disney's Tangled Party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Disney's Tangled Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Disney's Tangled Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.