Surf's up, dude! Have fun at the beach or in your own backyard with our kids' surf party ideas, including surf birthday party decorations, surf party games, beach-themed crafts, surf party supplies, and more!
Surf Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic surfing party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Surf party:
- Surf Party music
- Surfboards or kickboards
- Beach balls
- An oceanic pinata
Guests love to receive creative invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Cut the shape of a surfboard out of heavy cardstock and decorate the surf board in your child's favorite colors. Leave one strip of white space down the center of the board for the party details.
Grab your surfboard and prepare to hang ten, Britney's paddling her way toward a birthday again! Let's see how big of a wave you can get, So bring your bathing suit cause you're gonna get wet!If you would rather not make your own invitations, consider our personalized beach and surf themed invitations.
Surf Party Decorating & Food Ideas
For a surf party at the beach, you won't need many decorations because the sand and sea are the main attractions. You can help guests find your spot at the beach by tying a large bunch of balloons to a chair. Remember to have plenty of sunscreen on hand as well. You should also bring sand toys, hula hoops, and beach umbrellas.
- Set the mood by playing lots of classic surf music from the 1960's like the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, and the Surfaris.
- For a party in your back yard, decorate with lots of beach balls, sand pails and beach umbrellas.
- Cut out surfboard shapes from colorful foam poster board and hang them from tree limbs.
- Use sidewalk chalk to draw giant letters on the driveway spelling out "Beach This Way" and an arrow pointing to your yard.
- Set out lots of beach umbrellas, lawn chairs, and beach towels. Add a sand pail filled with a few bottles of sunscreen.
- For table decorations, use seashells, starfish, snorkel masks or sunglasses.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome to [child's last name] Beach" and hang it near the party entrance. See our personalized surf banners and let us do the work for you!
Choose from these suggestions to create your Surf Party menu:
- Offer sandwiches, hot dogs or hamburgers. For a party at a beach, you will need to check in advance with the local town hall to be sure you are allowed to use a grill on the beach.
- Make little signs for each food item with a beach name like Sandy Beach Burgers, Hang Loose Hot Dogs, Surf's Up Salad, Fun in the Sun Fruit Kabobs and Catch a Wave Chip and Dip.
- Serve the chips or cookies in clean, new, plastic sand pails, and use clean sand shovels as serving spoons for salads.
- Be sure to bring lots of water and other drinks in a cooler to keep the children hydrated throughout the party.
Surf Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with far out party favors! To find a large variety of surf party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Surfboard necklaces
- Beach balls
- Bean bag sea animals
- Water guns
- Mini decks of cards
- Water balloons
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops