Superman Party ideas
Nothing can defeat a little hero, so make your next party SUPER. Superman is an American icon and is one theme that will never go out of style! Read on for suggestions on how to throw a Superman Party for your friends and family. We have loads of details on planning, invitations, decorations, games and more. Shop our Superman Theme for:
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need to Get Ready? Guests will think that YOUR super power is party planning! You won't need a cape to be powerful enough to throw a great party "faster than a speeding bullet!" Shop our Superman themed party supplies for deluxe all-in one packages full of party basics like, plates, cups, napkins and table covers. All superheroes have to look the part. Special care should go into planning just the right uniform to ward off evil and save the world. No party is complete without a Superman costume for your little Man of Steel - and maybe even one for your BIG Man of Steel. We suggest:
- Muscle Superman Boys
- Man of Steel Toddler
- Deluxe Superman Man of Steel
- Muscle Superman
- Super girl Adult
- Super girl Child
Superman Party InvitationsGet you party going,"Up, Up and Away" with our easy Superman and Superman personalized invitations. When your guests receive an invitation, they too will feel like superheroes. If you are creative and want to make your own invitation, consider these ideas: Send Masked Man Invitations:
- Purchase traditional black eye masks and write the party details on the back in red Sharpie marker. We have a large selection of different type of masks in stock for you.
- Or, you can make your own mask by tracing a mask shape onto black card stock and cutting it out.
- Punch a small hole on each side of the mask around the middle of the eye.
- Thread thin ribbon in each hole and tie a small knot leaving enough ribbon hanging on each side to reach around the back to tie a bow.
- Get creative and write a mystery that your guests will have to solve at the party.
- Send clues and tell them to come to the party to "Save the World" and solve the mystery.
- Use possible wording such as:
The town of ______is in trouble!An evil villain is trying to steal birthday presents from little children. This sounds like a job for Superman!
It's a Bird, It's a Plane... It's a Birthday Party!
_____ is turning _____ years old! Calling all Superheroes to help Celebrate!
Mylar Superman balloons. Wall and Room decor:
- Order a personalized banner to celebrate the occasion.
- Cover a wall in the party room with a larger-than-life city scape.
- You can use large rolls of paper or fabric.
- Use blue-sky colored fabric or paper for the background or a gray color for night sky.
- Draw lines and angles forming an outline of tall buildings on black or gray paper or fabric. Make lines of different sizes and shapes to represent the buildings. Cut it out and secure it to the background.
- Add another row of buildings in alternating shapes and sizes. Cut it out and secure it to the first row of buildings to appear 3-D.
- Cut out small squares or rectangles from yellow paper or fabric to look like windows and attach to the buildings.
- Spray paint the entire box red.
- If one end of the box is open, use that as the top. Leave the closed end on the floor so you can secure it to the ground to keep it from falling over.
- Measure and mark one side of the box to open from right to left as a door. Cut to open the door.
- Paint horizontal and vertical lines with black paint to represent windows or cut out windows if you are feeling ambitious.
- Attach a small knob to use as a door handle.
- Paint or attach to the top of the box front, a rectangular sign in black writing on a white background that says, "TELEPHONE."
- Cut out large comic book words such as "POW," "BAM," and WOW" from large pieces of black cardboard or card stock. Put them inside white speech bubble shapes and tape to walls.
- You can do the same for the large "S" for superman. Cut out a large "S" and tape or glue it to an upside down yellow triangle.
- A Superman Pinata filled with Superman party favors and candy can be both an activity and a decoration.
- Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy Pinata tips and tricks
- A small phone booth
- Large black framed eyeglasses
- Birds and Airplanes
- Superman capes for each child tied to the back of individual chairs.
Superman Party Favor IdeasAfter a day of saving the world, send the little heroes home with prepackaged Superman Favors, Superman Deluxe and Superman Ultimate Favor Kits. To find a large variety of Superman themed party favors, visit our Superman page and click the "Party Favors" tab. Some favors we have include:
- Rock Candy
- Superman Stickers
- Superman Tattoos
- Superman Blowouts
- Personalized Lollipops and Stickers
Superman Food Ideas:Keep the food simple and use the red, yellow and blue color scheme in your food choices.
- Blueberry, raspberry and lemon yogurt parfaits
- Strawberry, blueberry and mango fruit-kabobs
- Blue, red and yellow jello molds or jello cut into cubes to look like rocks or crystals
- Red apples on yellow sticks
- Jelly beans in red, yellow and blue
- Cookies with yellow and red icing in the shape of the Superman "S." Use our Sugar Cookie recipe, shaped cookie cutters, and an assortment of colorful icing. Decorate the cookies before the party or use the cookies as an activity.
- No party is complete without a cake. Follow our simple Birthday Cake Recipes for chocolate cake or yellow cake. Use standard icings to draw a Superman image or a cape directly on the cake.
- Serve Kryptonite punch. Mix Lime Sherbet with Sprite and add green food colored ice cubes. Make up a new drink - the Anti-Kyrptonite punch-using red Sherbet with Sprite and red food colored ice cubes.
- Make your own pizza. Purchase small round pre-made pizza dough for each guest. Set out bowls of sauce to pour on the dough and enough shredded cheeses to make the shape of an "S." Bake pizza in the oven while kids are playing games and serve later. This is a fun activity and a snack all in one!