Summer Party Ideas
Celebrate the sunny summer days with these fun-filled ideas for your child's summer birthday party! Our summer party guide includes suggestions for summer party themes, easy summer crafts, decorations, fun food ideas, summer games and a lot more!
Summer Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic party supplies like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may also consider purchasing or borrowing the following items:
- Beach chairs
- Kiddie pools
- Lawn sprinkler
- Beach balls
- Sand pails and shovels
- Hula hoops
- Suntan lotion
- Disposable cameras
Creative invitations are fun for guests to receive and build excitement before the party date. If you have time to make your own summer party invitations, be sure to let your child help choose the design and fill in the details. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Write the party invitation on an inflated beach ball. Then deflate the beach ball and send it in an envelope. Your guests will have fun blowing up the beach ball to read the invitation.
- Include an artificial flower, a pair of kid's sunglasses, or a small squirt gun with your invite.
- Add a bit of sand to each envelope and a few small seashells.
Summer Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Summer Party Decoration Ideas
- Use items you already own such as lawn chairs, beach blankets, beach balls, sand pails, beach umbrellas, straw hats, flower leis, and beach music.
- Seashells and starfish make great table decorations, along with snorkel masks and sunglasses.
- Lay picnic blankets in the yard where guests can relax or eat.
Summer Party Food Ideas
Both picnic food or a barbecue menu would be perfect for a summer party. Sandwiches, hot dogs, or hamburgers are all good choices to feed your hungry guests. Here are some more summer food ideas:
- Serve chips or cookies in clean, new plastic sand pails.
- Fruit smoothies served in tiki cups will help the children cool down and stay hydrated in the hot sun. Try our Nanaberry Smoothie recipe for a cool, tasty treat on a hot summer day.
- You can create an Ice Cream Cart by setting up a table with cones and ice cream at one end and a variety of toppings in serving bowls at the other end.
- Edible "sand pails" made using ice cream cones with a flat bottom are another cute treat for a summer party. Just bake brownie batter inside the cones and let them cool. Spread frosting over the top of each brownie cone and sprinkle on crushed vanilla wafer cookies to look like sand.
Summer Party Favor Ideas
Summer Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests for having fun in the sun with tropical party favors. Here are our suggestions.
- Beach balls, sand pails, squirt fish, sunglasses, and squirt guns.
- Summer party favors, favor bags, and favor boxes
- For a fun presentation, tuck the favor bag inside a new baseball cap, attach it to a sport water bottle, or place it inside a colorful sand bucket before handing to your guests.
- Personalized summer favors including bag tags, zipper pulls and stickers.
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.