Celebrate the sunny summer days with these fun-filled ideas for your child's summer birthday party! Our summer party guide includes suggestions for summer party themes, easy summer crafts, decorations, fun food ideas, summer games and a lot more! Shop our Summer Party Supplies Browse this guide: Summer Invitations Summer Decorations Summer Food Summer Party Favors Summer Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need for the Party? In addition to basic party supplies like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may also consider purchasing or borrowing the following items:
- Beach chairs
- Kiddie pools
- Lawn sprinkler
- Beach balls
- Sand pails and shovels
- Hula hoops
- Suntan lotion
- Disposable cameras
- Write the party invitation on an inflated beach ball. Then deflate the beach ball and send it in an envelope. Your guests will have fun blowing up the beach ball to read the invitation.
- Include an artificial flower, a pair of kid's sunglasses, or a small squirt gun with your invite.
- Add a bit of sand to each envelope and a few small seashells.
- Use items you already own such as lawn chairs, beach blankets, beach balls, sand pails, beach umbrellas, straw hats, flower leis, and beach music.
- Seashells and starfish make great table decorations, along with snorkel masks and sunglasses.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome to the [your last name] Summer Fun Party!" and hang it near the party entrance.
- Lay picnic blankets in the yard where guests can relax or eat.
- Decorate the room with garlands make out of hanging flip flops and twinkle lights.
- Serve chips or cookies in clean, new plastic sand pails.
- Fruit smoothies served in tiki cups will help the children cool down and stay hydrated in the hot sun. Try our Nanaberry Smoothie recipe for a cool, tasty treat on a hot summer day.
- For sweet treats, either popsicles or an ice cream sundae bar are a sure hit with kids. You can create an Ice Cream Cart by setting up a table with cones and ice cream at one end and a variety of toppings in serving bowls at the other end. Guests can "order" their scoops of ice cream from an adult, and then add their own toppings. Don't forget the whipped cream and cherries!
- Edible "sand pails" made using ice cream cones with a flat bottom are another cute treat for a summer party. Just bake brownie batter inside the cones and let them cool. Spread frosting over the top of each brownie cone and sprinkle on crushed vanilla wafer cookies to look like sand.
Party Favor IdeasSummer Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests for having fun in the sun with tropical party favors. Here are our suggestions.
- Beach balls, sand pails, squirt fish, sunglasses, and squirt guns.
- Summer party favors, favor bags, and favor boxes
- For a fun presentation, tuck the favor bag inside a new baseball cap, attach it to a sport water bottle, or place it inside a colorful sand bucket before handing to your guests.
- Personalized summer favors including bag tags, zipper pulls and stickers.
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts!!
- Summer Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Summer Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Water Balloon TossPlayers will team up to see who can "go the distance" in this fun water balloon game.