Suggested Party Supply List
To simplify the party planning process for you, we have developed the following list that you can use as a reference when selecting your party supplies. Please note that you may not need everything on the list; it is intended only as a guide.
- Beverage & Luncheon/Dinner Napkins
- Cake & Dinner Plates
- Cutlery (Spoons, Forks, Knives)
- Party Blowers
- Party Hats
- Wall Decorations/Cutouts
- Yard Sign
5. Favor Bags/Boxes and Favor Items (Traditionally 3-5 items per favor)
- Food for a full meal (ie Pizza, Hot Dogs, etc.)
- Ice Cream
- Snacks (ie Chips, Pretzels, etc.)
- Batteries (For a camera or any gifts that may require them)
- Candles & Matches or a Lighter
- Cake Platter & Serving Knife
- Extra Tables & Chairs
- Ice Bucket
- Serving Dishes/Bowls
*Be aware that latex balloons can pose a choking hazard for young children. Mylar balloons are a safe alternative that, if punctured, do not break into small, potentially hazardous pieces. Additionally, fewer people are allergic to Mylar material than to latex.
**People often ask if it is necessary to give party favors. The answer is ‘yes’ if you are planning to invite children age 4+ since, unfortunately, many older children are conditioned to expect them. However, the favor bags certainly do not need to be expensive or junk-filled. A take-home craft such as a decorated flowerpot with a seed packet or a “jewel”-encrusted treasure box can double as an activity and a favor. You can also purchase age-appropriate party favor sets.