Strawberry Shortcake Party
Whether you're looking to host a Strawberry Shortcake tea party or birthday event, our berry helpful guide will give you ideas for Strawberry Shortcake invitations, decorations, games, favors, food and supplies! If you peek under a strawberry patch leaf you may discover Strawberry Shortcake and her friends waiting to bring some sweetness to your child's next birthday! Shop Strawberry Shortcake Party Supplies Browse this guide: Strawberry Shortcake Invitations Strawberry Shortcake Decorations Strawberry Shortcake Food Strawberry Shortcake Party Favors Strawberry Shortcake Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Strawberry Shortcake party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Strawberry Shortcake party:
- Tea cups, saucers and tea pots
- Large fake plants and flowers
- Inflatable flowers, trees or plants
- Dress up clothes like tutus, hats, fake jewelry and silly wigs
- Strawberry Shortcake dolls (vintage or new)
- A strawberry scented plug-in air freshener
- Include a recipe for strawberry shortcake or a related treat along with your invitation.
- If hand-delivering your invites, attach a strawberry lollipop or a bag of strawberry candies to the invitation.
- Add a very small spray of strawberry-scented perfume to the invite before sealing in an envelope.
- Purchase large silk or plastic plant leaves from a craft store and affix the party info with glue to the leaf. Then roll the leaves up, tie with a hot pink bow and deliver them to the party guests! You can include a fun rhyme on the leaf like the following:
Join Strawberry Shortcake at the Berry Cafe,For yummy treats and Violet's birthday! We're berry glad you're such a good friend, So, RSVP if you can attend!Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our personalized Strawberry Friends party invitations, which will include your child's name and all of the party details.
Strawberry Shortcake Party Decorations Strawberry Shortcake works at the Berry Cafe, so why not decorate the party area as a trendy cafe? Another option is to have a Strawberry Shortcake tea party with plastic or real tea sets. Here are some other Strawberry Shortcake decorating ideas. To decorate a cafe:
- Instead of one big party table, use small tables that seat up to four children each.
- Arrange table covers so every other table is green or hot pink.
- Place red pails on each table filled with strawberries, strawberry candy, fruit snacks or chocolate covered strawberries. Or, instead of snacks, fill the pails with Strawberry Shortcake party favors like blowouts, bracelets and silly straws.
- Use dessert paper plates and napkins and serve a variety of snacks and finger foods.
- Have an adult dress like Strawberry Shortcake to take orders and serve the food!
- Cut small strawberry shapes out of paper or find similar confetti and sprinkle it on each table.
- Set each place setting with a plastic tea cup, saucer and white gloves.
- Provide tea pots filled with strawberry lemonade or pink soda (like Cherry 7-UP).
- Use doilies, lime green and hot pink balloons, streamers and table covers to decorate the table.
- Place baskets of fresh strawberries, strawberry candy or fruit snacks on the table.
- Ask party guests to arrive dressed for tea time!
- If you have a ceiling fan in your party area, hang plastic or paper butterflies from each of the blades and turn the fan on low. The butterflies will fly above your party!
- Serve dainty food like finger sandwiches, small pizza bagels, or other hors d'oeuvres.
- Serve butterfly bagels. First, slice a bagel in half. Next, slice the halves in half so you have four pieces. Lay two pieces back to back to form butterfly wings. Add cream cheese, sliced fruit, small candies and other decorations to create a beautiful butterfly.
- Prepare jam or grilled cheese sandwiches and cut with a flower or butterfly cookie cutter.
- Serve strawberry truffles, chocolate covered strawberries or strawberry tarts.
- Provide trays of fresh veggies and fruits arranged in the shape of flowers.
- Instead of serving tea, serve pink or red drinks like Cherry 7-UP, strawberry limeade or Hawaiian Punch.
- Serve flower-shaped cookies! Simply prepare sugar cookies cut with a flower cookie cutter, and slide a wooden popsicle stick under each cookie before baking. Bake as usual, and frost as desired. Wooden craft sticks are sold at most craft stores. Try using our Sugar Cut-Out Cookies recipe, your own favorite recipe or ready-made cookie dough from the grocery store.
- Serve drinks with shaped silly straws.
Party Favor IdeasStrawberry Shortcake Party Favors Send your berry bitty guests home with some sweet Strawberry Shortcake favors such as:
- Lip gloss, nail polish and body glitter
- Plastic jewelry, sunglasses and beaded bracelets
- Stickers, pencils and silly straws
- Strawberry fruit snacks, Twizzlers or other strawberry candy
- Package favors using small red or lime green pails, favor boxes or mesh bags
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Strawberry Shortcake Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Strawberry Friends Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized item including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.