At the Party:
- Sit the children in a circle and instruct them to listen carefully to the instructions.
- Starting with the birthday child, have each say "I'm going to the Berry Café and I'm ordering strawberry jam."
- Now the person on their right adds an ingredient or food to the sentence. For example they could say "I'm going to the Berry Café and I'm ordering strawberry jam and a piece of cheese."
- The next player adds yet another food item to the list. For instance, they could say "I'm going to the Berry Café and I'm ordering strawberry jam, a piece of cheese, and some juice." Each child must remember what everyone else said or they're out!
- Go around the circle and have every guest add a food to the sentence. They must remember what everyone before them said in the correct order or they're out.
- By the time it's the birthday girl's turn again the sentence should be really long.
- See how many times you can go around the circle before one player is declared the winner!
The last person to correctly state the entire sentence with all the food items in the correct order wins!