Star Wars Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (also here on earth), the epic Star Wars series began. George Lucas created something truly out of this world and it became a cult phenomenon. Now, decades after the initial theatrical release of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, the franchise is every bit as popular as it was in the last century. The fan base spans generations and the sequels and spin-offs are always met with great anticipation.
So if you're looking for a crowd-pleasing party theme that might even make Darth Vader jealous, we've got a galaxy full of fabulous Jedi party moves for your next Star Wars themed celebration!!
Star Wars Party Invitations
Powerful these Star Wars Invitations are. Join you to celebrate your guests will after receiving them in their mailboxes. Well, that's just Yoda talk for "everyone on your guest list will want to come to your party when you send them these awesome invitations!"
Whether you love Classic Star Wars, all the newer spin-off movies like Solo or Rogue One, or the animated series Star Wars Rebels, there are many different styles of invitations to choose from. Another great idea is using your DIY skills and some downloads to achieve a completely custom look.
Star Wars Party Decorations
- For that deep space look, use Space Blast Tablecovers as a backdrop for your party table.
- Mount Star Wars Classic Ships Wall Decals on poster board then hang from monofilament. Use them to surround a hand cut logo fashioned from white foam core.
- White Paper Lanterns can easily be converted to battle ready TIE Fighters by painting them silver and adding metallic poster board “wings”. TIP: use a wooden dowel secured to the lantern’s metal frame to give wings added stability.
- Use a Lighted Message Box as a centerpiece anchor then complete the scene by raiding your Star Wars stash for additional fill-in items.
Star Wars Party Tabletop
- Start with a Star Wars Classic Table Cover layered over a White Ruffled Table Skirt.
- Top off the table with Star Wars Classic Luncheon Plates accompanied by Star Wars Classic Cups, Red Plastic Utensils and Black Stripe Paper Straws.
- For even more thematic impact, create these napkin light sabers. Roll Luncheon Napkins into tubes then wrap with a printed light saber handle. Get the printable handles HERE.
Star Wars Party Printables
Printable Light Saber Napkin Rings
Turn solid blue, lime or red napkins into light sabers with these printables. Click the image to download the printable PDF.
Star Wars Party Foods
Create some added fun by re-naming all the party food with Star Wars terms. Get the printable food labels HERE.
Display some of the more ingenious food creations on a DIY Darth Vader stand. Simply trim the handles from a Star Wars Darth Vader Favor Bucket then use duct tape inside the bucket to secure the sides together. Top the bucket with a black serving tray and fill with Storm Trooper Cupcakes or Jar Jar Links-in-a-Blanket.
- Edible Lightsabers: Cover 3/4 of a large pretzel rod with bright green, blue or red frosting. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Yoda Soda: Freeze green Kool-Aid in ice cube trays before the party. During the party, serve ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or water, and give each guest one or two ice cubes. Let them watch as their soda turns green!
- Jedi Jigglers: Make your child's favorite flavor of Jell-O in a shallow pan. Use Star Wars cookie cutters to cut shapes in the Jell-O to serve at the party.
- Darth Veggie Tray: Arrange red-colored veggies red peppers, radishes, red carrots and baby tomatoes, on a circular platter.
- Dark Side Chips & Dip: Serve blue tortilla chips with black bean dip.
Star Wars Party Activities
Star Wars Character Cardboard Stand Up. Offer little Jedi’s some Star Wars Photo Booth Props and a Light Saber to complete the look.
Star Wars Party Favors
Send Jedi guests home with these galactic character favor bags filled with thematic trinkets and toys such as Star Wars Puzzle Cubes, Glow Light Sticks, Bubble Wands and Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (TIP: use plain Handled Favor Bags and bits of shaped cardstock to create these iconic character bags).