Star Wars Party Ideas
Star Wars Party Ideas
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Star Wars came to life. Today, Star Wars is still every bit as popular as it was in the last century. Several generations love the saga and there are so many fun ways to throw a successful Star Wars celebrationthat even Darth Vader will be jealous of! Death Star piatas, R2D2 decorated drink dispensers and Tie Fighter ships made from chocolate cookies and marshmallows are just a few great ideas that we have found that will be sure to add a special touchto your next party!
Browse this guide:
- Star Wars Invitations
- Star Wars Decorations
- Star Wars Food
- Star Wars Party Favors
- Star Wars Personalization
- Star Wars Costumes
- Star Wars Games
Image Resource: Pinterest
Planning & InvitationsFrom the classic rectangle invitation with eye-catching graphics to a light saber replica made from paper, there are many different styles of invitations to choose from. Another great idea is using your DIY skills and some downloads to achieve a completely custom look.
- Padawan Academy Invitation
- Extending Light Saber Invitation
- Darth Vader Invitation
- In A Galaxy Invitation
- Classy Gold Star Wars Party Invitation
- Star Wars Invitations
- Force Awakens Invitations
- Personalized Space Knight Invitations
- Cut a piece of white cardstock into the shape of a lightsaber. Use markers to color the handle grey and the beam blue or green. Write your party details in silver marker on the beam. Alternatively, fold a piece of cardstock in half, cut out two small lightsabers and cross them together in the middle of the card. On the front of the card, write, "You are Invited to a Galaxy Far, Far Away..." Write your party details inside.
- Print out movie stills from the birthday child's favorite Star Wars movie. Write your party details on the back.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a Star Wars Mask that your guests can wear to the party.
- Make a simple black helmet to resemble Darth Vader's helmet out of black construction paper. Write your party details in gold pen.
Decorating & Food IdeasStar Wars Party Decoration Ideas Aside from sticking to the basic Star Wars color palette of royal blue, black, white and gray, you can take your party to another level with the details. Choose a couple of accent colors, such as the green, red and blue associated withlightsabers to add a pop of color to the party. From a cupcake tower centerpiece to a candy buffet you can definitely make a huge visual impact with your decorations. Some ideas include:
- Star Wars Cupcake Tower Centerpiece
- Star Wars tableware (including star table cover!)
- Luke Skywalker Light Saber
- R2D2 Giant Airwalker Balloon
- R2D2 Drink Dispenser
- Punched tin can decorations
- Star Wars party balloons
- Star Wars piata
- R2-D2 and C-3PO Cardboard Standup
Image source: Some images found onPinterest
Star Wars Party Food IdeasSome of the best ideas for food come in the form of naming dishes after the movie characters like Yoda Soda or Hoth Dogs. Plus,you can find printables for every food or drink idea out there. Some Star Wars food ideas include:
- Tie Fighters
- Han Solo Carbonite (Jello)
- Hoth Dogs and Han Burgers
- Candy Buffet Jelly Beans and licorice
- Star Wars Cookies
- Wookie Cookies
- Stormtrooper Marshmallows
- Obi-Wan Kabobies (Fruit Kabobs)
- Edible Lightsabers: Cover 3/4 of a large pretzel rod with bright green, blue or red frosting. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Yoda Soda: Freeze green Kool-Aid in ice cube trays before the party. During the party, serve ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or water, and give each guest one or two ice cubes. Let them watch as their soda turns green!
- Jedi Jigglers: Make your child's favorite flavor of Jell-O in a shallow pan. Use Star Wars cookie cutters to cut shapes in the Jell-O to serve at the party.
- Darth Vader Veggie and Fruit Tray: Arrange red-colored veggies and fruits, such as strawberries, red peppers, red apples, and baby tomatoes, on a circular platter.
- Dark Side Chips & Dip: Serve blue tortilla chips with black bean dip.
- Chewy Chewbacca Cookies: Bake your favorite cookies and frost them in chocolate frosting. Die coconut flakes brown and coat the cookies in the flakes to resemble Chewbacca's furry exterior.
- Bake a 9" x 13" cake and cut it into three long strips.
- Lay the strips down vertically end-to-end so you have one long strip.
- Round off the corners of one end of the cake.
- Decorate this to resemble a lightsaber, with the top portion frosted in bright-colored blue or green frosting and the bottom portion in chocolate frosting for the handle.
- Write a happy birthday message along the blade of the lightsaber.
Party Favor IdeasStar Wars Party Favor Ideas Dont let your guests leave home without a piece of The Force! From the many variations of DIY light sabers to custom candy pops and Star Wars Pez dispensers your guests will be ready to take on the dark side! favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Personalized Star Wars Items
- Customizable invitations and thank you cards are the perfect way to fill friends in on the specifics of your childs event and then let them know that you appreciated their attendance.
- You can customize the envelopes of these cards with themed return labels.
- Themed banners not only allow you to offer special sentiments to your child, but also immediately inform guests of the events theme.
- Personalized placemats and activity mats make finding seats a cinch while supplementing your table settings.
- Customized favors like lollipops, buttons, magnets, candy bar wrappers, bookmarks, key chains, and carabiners, are just a few of the goodie bag items that can make an unforgettable addition to hauls of surprises that are specifically tailored to each of your guests.
- Stickers that have been printed with each treat bag recipients name are the perfect way to identify each attendees post-party goodies.
Activities:While you can always watch all of the Star Wars movies during your party, the kids might get bored. Therefore, we recommend having some fun, themed activities planned for them, like these:
- Free Han Solo from Carbonite (ice)
- Death Star Corn Hole
- Jedi Training
- Dark Side Bowling
- Jedi Training with Pool Noodle Light Sabers
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Star Wars Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Star Wars Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!