Leprechaun Hat Craft
What You'll Need:
- A cylindrical oatmeal container
- Green cardboard (you can also paint regular cardboard green)
- Green construction paper
- A pencil
- Glitter glue
- St. Patrick's Day stickers
- Trace a circle around your oatmeal container onto green paper. Glue this circle to the top of your container.
- To make the brim of the hat, trace a circle onto cardboard using a round object. A plate or bowl works well. Make sure it is at least two to three inches wider than your oatmeal container. Trace a smaller circle in the center using your oatmeal container. This will form a ring.
- Cut out your ring and slip it over the top of the container so it rests on the ridge of the oatmeal container. Glue your brim in place.
- Use glue to cover your oatmeal container with green construction paper.
- Have the children decorate their hats with glitter glue, markers and stickers. They can also cut a belt and other shapes out of construction paper and glue them onto their hats.
Top of Page