Spy Party Ideas
Plan a classified celebration that your little secret agent will love with our Spy Party Ideas! Boys and girls who dream of a life of sleuthing and collecting intel will be thrilled to celebrate their birthday with a spy themed party. This guide is filled with inspiration for invitations, food, games, and all of your other party planning needs that will ensure that you'll create a truly super secret agent event!
Planning & Invitations
Spy Party Invitation Ideas
- Fold colored construction paper in half and decorate the cover with stickers featuring fedoras, magnifying glasses, or shoeprints. Include the party details inside. Mail each invitation in a small manila envelope with "Top Secret" written or stamped on it.
- Provide the party details in a creatively-worded way, such as:
Secret Agent [child's name] invites you on a top-secret mission. Code Name: Operation Birthday Party! This mission will begin at [party time] on [party date] at [child's name]'s secret hideout: [party address] If you choose to accept this assignment, dial [phone number] from a secure phone line, and ask for Secret Agent [parent's first name]!
- Invite your guests to come wearing disguises.
- Cut out cardstock in the shape of a magnifying glass and put the event details over where the lens would be.
- Use personalized invitations that have been customized with your unique text.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Spy Party Decorating Ideas
- Using sidewalk chalk, draw large footprints on the path leading up to the party.
- Hang a sign on your front door that says "Secret Agent Training Center".
- Welcome your guests with a custom message printed on a personalized banner.
- Twist together streamers in two or three colors, drape them along the walls, and wrap them around chairs and/or banisters. You can also hang strips of streamers across the doorways leading into the party area for a curtain effect.
- Add color to the walls with your own construction paper or poster board cutouts of footprints, magnifying glasses, and maps.
- Create Wanted posters or spy badges on your computer with pictures of your party guests.
- Place a small notebook and pencil at each place setting for your guests. Ask them to record anything "suspicious" they see in their notebooks during the party.
- Items you may already own like binoculars, magnifying glasses, cameras, flashlights, fedoras, and play money can be grouped together to create a centerpiece for the party table.
Spy Party Food Ideas
- Make Mystery Munch.Prepare a snack mix of yummy foods like mini-pretzels, tiny fish crackers, M&Ms, mini marshmallows, and gummy candies.
- Kid-favorite hot dogs can become Detective Dogs.
- Serve Mission Impossible pizza.
- Set out a Secret Agent Snack Tray of cut-up carrots, celery, cheese, crackers, and veggie dip for your sleuths to nosh.
- Spy Salsa is simply tortilla chips and salsa.
- Your Spy Birthday Cake can be a round cake decorated as a bomb with dark frosting and a red licorice string fuse. Use sparkler candles or trick candles that re-light for more fun.