What You'll Need:
- Three empty flowerpots
- Plastic toys or stuffed animals in bug shapes. Another option is to purchase colored baby socks, fill them with dry beans and tie them closed with a piece of ribbon. Choose red socks as ladybugs, green socks as grasshoppers, and yellow socks as bees.
- Green construction paper
- Sidewalk chalk (optional if the game is to be played outdoors)
At the Party:
- Cut a large leaf shape from the green construction paper. It should be large enough for a child to stand on with both feet.
- If necessary, cut two leaves and staple them together at the base.
- If playing the game outdoors, use sidewalk chalk to draw a flower shape on the driveway with three stems of differing lengths.
- Place a flowerpot at the top of each stem to represent the flower, and place the paper leaf at the very bottom.
- Let each guest take a turn standing on the leaf and tossing the bugs into the flowerpots.
- Award one point for landing in the closest pot, two points for the middle pot, and three points for the farthest pot.
- The guest who scores the most points is the winner.
- If you wish, have a flower sticker ready to put on each player and a pretty flowerpot as the prize for the winner.
Top of Page