What You'll Need:
- White Spray Paint
- An Outdoor Playing Area
Mark a large, rectangular playing area in the grass using white spray paint.
At the Party:
- Divide the children into two teams, and have them stand in two shoulder-to-shoulder lines at opposite ends of the playing area. The children should hold hands to form a "daisy chain."
- To begin the game, have one of the teams call over a member of the other team, as in Red Rover.
- Instead of saying, 'Red Rover, Red Rover; let [opponent's name] come over," the calling team should yell, 'Daisy may; daisy do. Let [opponent's name] try to break through!"
- The called player must then run toward the opposing team and try to break through their daisy chain.
- If the player manages to get through, he/she takes one player from the opposing team back to join his/her team.
- If the player does not get through, he/she must join the opposing team's daisy chain.
- Play continues until there is only one player left on a team, or until the end of a set period of time.
- The team with the most players at the end of the game wins.