What You'll Need:
- Several Eggs (at least 1 per guest)
- Egg Dye Kits (at least 1)
Hard-boil 1 or 2 eggs per guest before the party.
At the Party:
- Have the children make "robin eggs" by using a clear or white wax crayon to draw spots on the eggs.
- Then, help the children dye the eggs using blue egg dye or concentrated blue food coloring.
- As the eggs dry, the children will notice that the white spots show through, making the eggs look like robin eggs.
- Once the eggs are dry, divide the children into two teams, and have each team hide half of the eggs in different rooms or on different sides of the yard.
- When they've finished hiding the eggs, have the teams switch places, and then give them 2 minutes to find as many of the other team's eggs as possible.
- After 2 minutes, count each team's eggs, and award a prize to the team that found the most.
- Recover any remaining eggs, and then make egg salad and/or deviled eggs for a fun snack!