Spiderman Party Ideas
last updated 4/26/2019
It’s hard not to love your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. He’s always there to save the day! Just think about all the crime that would be happening if Peter Parker hadn’t been bitten by a radioactive spider. We might be seeing what the world would be like without Spider-Man thanks to the infamous snap at the end of Avengers: Infinity War, but we’re holding out hope that this superhero will swing back into our lives again.
Spider-man proves that you don’t have to be the biggest and toughest to still be a do-gooder! This agile web shooter has been gracing the small and big screen for over 60 years and he’s one superhero that’s still going strong! Whether your son became a fan through the Marvel comics books, the Spider-Man television series, or has enjoyed the MANY movies of this famous franchise, he’ll be your #1 fan after you throw him an amazing Spider-man party using our guide! Discover ways to hone in on this popular superhero with decorations that scale great heights and how to add personal touches that would make Uncle Ben proud.
Spider-Man Birthday Party Invitations
You’ll get your friends’ spidey senses tingling with excitement when receiving this Spider-man postcard invite in the mail! The set includes save the date stickers, envelop seal stickers and blue envelopes for easy, coordinated mailing.
With any party, invitations are your first chance to make an impression for your birthday party, so you will want to make sure they convey all the information your guests need in a style that fits your Spiderman theme! If you have the time to make your own invitations, we have put together a few ideas to consider:
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized favor with curling ribbon.
- On a white piece of cardstock, draw a spider web (a group of scalloped circles with lines that connect in the middle). In the middle of the web, paste a cutout of a red or black spider. Write your party details on the spider in silver pen.
- Print out movie stills of your child's favorite Spiderman movie and either write your party details directly on the printout, or glue the photo to a card-style invitation and write your party details inside the card.
- Create a comic book where the characters in the book give your guests all the information about the party. Create your invitation by hand or use computer software to alter an existing comic page.
- Write your party details on the back of a paper Spider-Man mask or attach a personalized sticker printed with your party info. Your guests will then be able to wear their invitations to the party!
Spider-Man Birthday Party Decorations
Wow them with a webby wall when they first enter the party space! Create a spider web using black crepe streamers and painter’s tape. Hang an asymmetric balloon arch overhead, complete with red and blue webbed balloons. These no helium arches come together easily using a balloon strip!
Your Spider-Man party supplies will likely include basic decorations, such as streamers and balloons. However, it can be fun to add to those basics to create an even more entertaining environment for your Spider-Man theme party. Here are some ideas:
- Hang a Spiderman banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Lookout! It's [child's name]'s Spider-Man Party!"
- Cover the walls of the party area with stretchable spider webbing that can be purchased at any craft store. Add plastic spiders to the webbing.
- Set out plastic red and black spiders on all tables and windowsills.
- Call your local movie theater and see if they would give or sell you old posters of the superhero movies. Or, print out movie stills from to make a collage to hang in the party area.
- Use butcher paper to create a city scene that you can hang on one wall of the party area. Add a drawing of Spiderman swinging between two of the skyscrapers.
Spider-Man Birthday Party Food and Drink Ideas
Peter Parker became Spider-Man due to a radioactive spider bite so commemorate the 8 legged insects with treats decorated with them!
- Use the Spider-man cupcake stack on your dessert table and fill it with delicious cupcakes. You can add a spider web design to top homemade to store-bought cupcakes using this printable and chocolate melts.
- These spider sugar cookies came together easily with chocolate malt balls, chocolate covered raisins and black piping gel.
- White powdered donuts look like spider eggs when stacked up. Add to this thought with some plastic spiders on top!
For the main meal consider making little signs with Spider-Man themed names like "Green Goblin Guacamole," "Peter Parker Pizza," and "Spidey Sandwiches."
Spider-Man Birthday Party Activities
These Spider-man birthday party activities will help build their spidey skills and document a fun party experience!
- When it’s time to stretch out and work off the sugar rush, send friends to the hallway where you set up an obstacle course with crepe streamers to practice their agility to scale skyscrapers!
- Let guests pick out their favorite Marvel superhero in NYC and don a mask in front of a photo backdrop.
- Get dad or the cool uncle in on the action and have him dressed as Spider-man for even more fun photo ops!
- Open the party favors early and see how well friends can aim at planned targets outside!
Spider-Man Birthday Party Favors
Send guests on their way with a can of web shooter spray to try out Spider-man’s skills in their own home! Wrap cans of silly string with personalized candy wrappers cut down to size, and turn a personalized sticker into a favor tag by adding it to cardstock and punching a hole.
Tara from Spot of Tea Designs styled, photographed, and wrote this party guide! She's been slinging the good ideas across the internet for a while now and And you can connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to keep up with all of our party ideas and see our favorite ideas on Pinterest!