Spiderman Party Ideas
Whether your little one is a fan of the comic or the more recent movie franchise, celebrate his or her favorite hero with a Spiderman Birthday Party! Our Party Ideas include suggestions for invitations, activities, and more so you can throw a party Spidey would be proud of!
Spider-Man Party Planning & Invitations
One of your first decisions will be where to host your Spiderman Party. Hosting a party in your own home is a great option, as you have a little more freedom to be creative with your decorating and activity choices. You may want to consider a park, a science center, or family-friendly restaurant.
Basic party supplies include paper tableware, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery; a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons. For themed supplies, check out our store. You may also want to rent or purchase other items to fit your theme, such as:
- Cartoons or Movies on DVD
- Comic Books
- Superhero Masks
- Disposable Cameras
- Plastic Spiders
Invitations are your first chance to make an impression for your birthday party, so you will want to make sure they convey all the information your guests need in a style that fits your Spiderman theme! If you have the time to make your own invitations, we have put together a few ideas to consider:
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized favor with curling ribbon.
- On a white piece of cardstock, draw a spider web (a group of scalloped circles with lines that connect in the middle). In the middle of the web, paste a cutout of a red or black spider. Write your party details on the spider in silver pen.
- Print out movie stills of your child's favorite Spiderman movie and either write your party details directly on the printout, or glue the photo to a card-style invitation and write your party details inside the card.
- Create a comic book where the characters in the book give your guests all the information about the party. Create your invitation by hand or use computer software to alter an existing comic page.
- Write your party details on the back of a paper Spider-Man mask or attach a personalized sticker printed with your party info. Your guests will then be able to wear their invitations to the party!
Spider-Man Decorating & Food Ideas
Your Spider-Man party supplies should include basic decorations, such as streamers and balloons. However, it can be fun to add to those basics to create an even more entertaining environment for your Spider-Man theme party. Here are some ideas:
- Hang a Spiderman banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Lookout! It's [child's name]'s Spider-Man Party!"
- Cover the walls of the party area with stretchable spider webbing
that can be purchased at any craft store. Add plastic spiders to the
- Set out plastic red and black spiders on all tables and windowsills.
- Call your local video store or movie theater and see if they would give or sell you old posters of the superhero movies. Or, print out movie stills from the and make a collage to hang in the party area.
- Use butcher paper to create a city scene that you can hang on one wall of the party area. Add a drawing of Spiderman swinging between two of the skyscrapers.
Choose party food that will continue the Spiderman theme, such as:
- Make little signs for traditional party food with themed names. For example, "Green Goblin Guacamole," "Peter Parker Pizza," "Radioactive Rice Krispies," "Spidey Sandwiches," etc.
- Make sticky web snacks by drawing a web design on a strip of fruit leather with decorator icing, and sticking raisins to it to resemble flies.
- Use spider-shaped cookie cutters to cut sandwiches, jello jigglers, cheese slices, and deli meats.
- Serve bright red and blue drinks, such as Gaterade, Hawaiian Punch, Kool-Aid, and cranberry juice. Add a plastic spider and a silly straw for added fun.
- Make a fudge spider for each guest.