Soccer Party Ideas
Kick up some fun for your child with a soccer birthday party! Read on for soccer party ideas, including suggestions on decorations, invitations, food, favors, and more.
Soccer Party Planning & Invitations
Host your soccer party outdoors if the weather permits. Here are a few suggestions:
- Your own backyard
- Soccer or football field
- Sports complex
- Recreation center
- School gymnasium
- Extra soccer balls, a soccer net, cones, and soccer jerseys
- Soccer posters of your child's favorite players
- Soccer banners and flags of your child's favorite team
- A soccer music CD
- A soccer-themed movie like: The Big Green (Rated PG) or Kicking and Screaming (Rated PG)
If you have time, consider making your own soccer birthday party invitations. Here are a few ideas:
- Cut circles out of white card stock and create an invitation that looks like a soccer ball.
- Find stickers of your child's favorite team or players and place them on blank card stock.
- Create an invitation that looks like a soccer trading card. Take a picture of your child in his or her uniform and attach it to the front of the card. Write your child's stats and party details on the back of the card.
- If you can hand-deliver your invitations, attach them to small soccer-themed items like soccer ball keychains or whistles.
Soccer Party Decorating & Food
Your soccer birthday party wouldn't be complete without plenty of themed decorations. A few ideas:
- Consider decorating the party area with the colors of your child's favorite soccer team. Check out our wide selection of solid supplies, including balloons, streamers, tablecloths and partyware, for ideas. For a generic soccer theme, consider black and white.
- Hang up banners and posters of your child's favorite teams and players.
- Create a sign at the entrance saying "Welcome to [child's name]'s World Cup Birthday Celebration"
- Make your child feel like a star athlete by hanging up a personalized soccer banner with his or her name on it.
- Decorate the party area with helium-filled soccer balloons.
- Cut out circles from poster board or construction paper and create soccer balls. Hang them from the ceiling and around the room.
- Cover the table with tissue grass mats to create a soccer field
table. You can use white tape to make the field lines. Top the table
with personalized soccer place mats.
Keep soccer party food easy and kid-friendly. Here are a few suggestions:
- Snow cones
- Ice cream sandwiches
- Frost cupcakes with white icing and place a junior mint in the center. Using black decorator gel, draw a hexagon around the junior mint, then draw five lines out, ending in forked lines, to look like a soccer ball.
- Use a round layer cake or a domed cake (cook your cake batter in an
oven-safe glass bowl) to create a cake in the shape of a ball to make a
- Decorate a plain cake in the colors of your child's team and use decorator gel to create the team logo in the center. Top your cake with soccer candles.
- Create a cake that looks like a soccer field. Cover a rectangular cake with green icing, then pipe on field lines using white decorator gel. Top the cake with soccer ball candles.
Soccer Party Favors
Score a goal with these soccer party ideas for favors:
- Soccer stickers
- Personalized soccer items such as stickers, magnets, bag tags and zipper pulls.
- Temporary tattoos
- Bouncy balls or mini soccer balls
- Sports headbands
- Soccer stadium cups - Serve drinks in reusable cups and let the children take them home as favors.
- Key chains