Sleepover for Boys
Boys love sleepover parties because they get to stay up late, hang out with their friends, sleep away from home and eat lots of junk food! What could be better than a night of doing all the things they think grown-ups do? We can help you keep the boys busy with our Sleepover Party guide written especially for a boys' night out! Shop all our Boy Themed Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Food Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your all boys Sleepover Party:
- Sleeping bags
- Board games
- Video games
- A tent and camping supplies
- Extra tooth brushes
- A craft project or something to build such as a LEGO set
- Movies boys will enjoy such as How to Train Your Dragon (PG), Cars-The Movie (G), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (PG), Batman: The Animated Series (not rated), The Sandlot (G) and Air Bud (PG)
- A pinata
- Make sure to set a few ground rules before the party and discuss them with your child.
- In case there is an emergency, collect contact information for all of the guests.
- Check with parents to make sure you know about any of the guests' allergies or medications.
- Provide plenty of downtime for the boys to goof around and hang out.
- Print your party details in large block letters on clean, white pillowcases. Fold them and send them in manila envelopes.
- Mail your invitations along with flannel pajama pants for your guests to bring to the party.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a new toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste. Your guests can bring these items with them to the party! Mail your invites in padded envelopes.
- Include a creative rhyme on your invitation such as:
Get out your pillows, your toothbrush and flashlights,Kevin's having a birthday party that will last through the night! We'll eat lots of food, watch movies and play games, Our sleepover will go down in the birthday hall of fame!
- If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Invitations, which include all the party details for you!
Boys Sleepover Party Decoration Ideas Most slumber parties require minimal decorations. However, if you would like to add a little extra flare, consider these ideas:
- Choose a theme for your son's sleepover party such as Star Wars, Scooby Doo, Sports, Harry Potter or one of his choosing. Decorate with matching balloons, party supplies and favors. To view a list of our boy themed party supplies please visit this page.
- Twist together streamers and drape them along the walls of the party area. Hang long strips of streamers in a row across each entryway into the main party area, creating curtains for your guests to pass through as they come and go.
- Set out a stack of your son's favorite board games along with any pencils or paper that may be needed to play the games.
- Hang a banner near the entrance to the party. Check out our personalized banners and let us do the work for you.
- Decorate the ceiling with glow-in-the-dark stars. Your guests will love seeing the shapes appear when the lights go out.
- Scatter plenty of extra pillows, sleeping bags and blankets around the sleeping area. Your guests can use them to lounge on before it's time to sleep.
- Funny Face Bagels: Slice bagels in half and toast them, if desired. Spread cream cheese on the bagels and then provide the children jelly in a squeeze tube. Instruct the children to draw funny faces on their bagels with the jelly!
- Relaxing Refreshments: Serve chocolate soda (seltzer, chocolate syrup and whipped cream), strawberry milk, and juice with silly straws.
- Crazy Cut-Outs: Use cookie cutters in the shape of dinosaurs, stars and other animals to cut out peanut butter sandwiches, cheese and deli meats.
- Popcorn Pizazz: Serve popcorn in traditional popcorn bags and let your guests add toppings of cinnamon, powdered cheese, salt & pepper or chocolate sprinkles.
- Smiley Face Pancakes: Make a batch of pancakes and set them out along with sweet treats that can be used to make eyes, a nose, a mouth, hair, etc., on each pancake. We recommend canned whipped cream, chocolate chips, maraschino cherry halves, chocolate syrup, finely chopped nuts and/or blueberries. Let your guests decorate their pancakes the way they like.
- Waffle Bar: Set up a waffle bar with a selection of syrups and toppings such as cherries, whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate chips and nuts. Let each child make his ultimate waffle.
- Fruit Pops: Slide sections of fruit, such as pineapple, banana, strawberries and grapes onto a wooden skewer and serve.
Party Favor IdeasSleepover Party Favor Ideas for Boys Thank the boys for being so well-behaved with personalized favors, favor sets or other favor items such as:
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Boys Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.