The object of the game is to be the first player to collect seven cards of a single suit.
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- A Deck of Cards (or multiple decks for a large group of guests)
- Have the players sit in a circle on the floor or around a table.
- Shuffle the cards.
- Deal each player a card, face down, going around the circle 7 times. (Each player should have 7 cards when you're done.)
- The remaining cards should be set aside.
- Tell the players to organize their cards by suit, and to each choose which suit they want to keep without telling anybody.
- Each player then discards one unwanted card, placing it face down next to the player on their left.
- Once everyone has done this, all players should pick up the card given to them by the person on their right.
- Players then choose a new card to get rid of and pass it to the person on their left.
- Play continues this way until one player collects seven cards of one suit.
- When a player gets all seven cards, he or she shouts, "My Ship Sails!"