What You'll Need:
- Pink Fun Foam (available at craft stores)
- Silver Metallic Spray Paint
- Thin Wooden Dowels
- Pink, Purple and White Chenille Stems
- Craft Glue or a Glue Gun and Hot Glue Sticks
- Glitter Glue (optional)
Cut dowels into 12" lengths, and spray paint each with silver paint. Cut out pink stars (two for each wand) from the pink Fun Foam.
At the Party:
Give each child a painted dowel, two pink stars, and three chenille stems. Walk the children through the following instructions to create their wands:
The Abby Cadabby name and all related characters and elements are the property of Sesame Workshop. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sesame Workshop.
- Place one star on the table.
- Position one end of the dowel in the middle of the star.
- Squeeze glue around the edges of the star, as well as over the dowel.
- Position the second star on top of the first, and press them together.
- Let the wand dry.
- To complete the wand, curl the chenille stems around the handle of the wand and, if desired, squeeze glitter glue around the edges of the star for decoration.