Scooby Snack Collar
What You'll Need:
- Round cereal that can be used as beads (such as Froot Loops or Cheerios)
- Thin red rope licorice (at least 15" for each guest)
- Cherry or fruit-flavored Lifesaver candy (1 per guest)
- A table and chairs
At the Party:
- Arrange the cereal beads by color in bowls on a table.
- Cut the licorice string into 15" strands and place one at each table setting.
- Set the lifesavers aside for now.
- Let the children make their own snack collars by stringing cereal beads on to the licorice string.
- When they are halfway through, ask them to raise their hand to get a dog tag (Lifesaver) for their collar.
- Have them string the Lifesaver on to the licorice and then complete their collar with more cereal beads.
- When they are finished, have them bring you their necklace.
- Tie each collar loosely on each child by knotting the licorice string.
- Instruct them to eat the cereal beads before the licorice string.
Top of Page