Rubber Ducky Party
A Rubber Ducky themed party is a fabulous way to celebrate your toddler's birthday! Quack up your guests with a parade of ducky delights including invitations, decorations, favors, food and games!
Rubber Ducky Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to our Rubber Ducky Party Supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following for your Rubber Ducky party:
- Silly rubber duckies
- A wading pool
- Bath time squirt toys
- A bubble machine and bubbles
- Bath time music
- Towels and bathrobes
If you have time, you can create your own invitations or attach a ducky invitation to a variety of fun items. Here are some ideas for "quack-tacular" rubber ducky invitations.
- Decorate small bars of yellow soap with a construction paper beak and googly eyes. Wrap your newly made duck soap in cellophane and attach to your invitation.
- Write your party details on the bottom of a rubber ducky using a black permanent marker. Tie a wash cloth around the body of the ducky and deliver to your guests!
- Punch a hole in your invitation and tie a bubble wand to it using ribbon.
- Use a duck cookie cutter to trace the shape of a duck onto yellow construction paper. Add a googly eye to the face of the duck. Then write the party details on the duck's body.
Rubber Ducky Party Decorating & Food Ideas
You can have a rubber ducky themed birthday party indoors or out. If your party is outdoors, consider having a pool party or a sprinkler for the children to play in. Here are some other rubber ducky decoration ideas.
- Create a table cover using a long piece of bubble wrap. If you'd like, you can also cover chairs with bubble wrap. Kids will love bouncing up and down on the seats. Just be sure to securely tape down the bubble wrap.
- Hang a clear shower curtain in a doorway using an extendable shower rod. Have party guests enter the room through the curtain and pose behind it for photos.
- Place bath mats on the floor in front of the food table and on your front doorstep.
- Hang towels over the party chairs. If you'd like, find cute hooded towels the guests can take home as favors.
- Write the party guest's names on the bottom of rubber duckies. Then set one at each place setting for your guests to keep.
- Use a duck-shaped hole punch and a round hole punch to make party confetti. Punch the duck shapes out of yellow paper and the round shapes out of blue and light blue paper. Sprinkle the confetti around the party table.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers, or hotdogs, you can add some Rubber Ducky themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
- Duck Wings: Coat raw chicken strips with egg, flour and Panko bread crumbs. Bake the chicken for 12-15 minutes at 350F. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Duck Feed: Fill small buckets with dry cereal including Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, Kixx or Trix and label it "duck feed."
- Bath time Jell-O: Prepare blue Jell-O gelatin according to the box instructions. Insert little marshmallows into the mix. After refrigeration, cut the gelatin into cubes. It will look like blue water with marshmallow bubbles.
- Quack and Cheese: Bake macaroni and cheese and sprinkle duck-shaped cheese crackers over the top.
- Duck Shaped Sandwiches: Cut grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly or deli sandwiches into the shape of ducks using a duck cookie cutter.
- Duck Punch: Combine lemon-lime soda with lemonade and serve with a silly straw.
Rubber Ducky Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with squeaky clean party favors! To find a large variety of bath time party favors, visit our Ducky Favors Page. Some of the favors we have include:
- Rubber duckies
- Chunky board books
- Bath tub toys
- Mini stuffed animals
- Bath time finger puppets
- Tub Tints
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops