What You'll Need:
- Empty toilet paper tube for each guest
- Aluminum foil
- Scraps of construction paper in various colors, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes
- Children's scissors
At the Party:
- Cut pieces of aluminum foil wider than a toilet paper tube and long enough to wrap around the entire tube.
- Use glue to completely cover the tubes with foil, and tuck any extra foil into the ends of the tubes.
- You may want to make a complete robot as an example for the children.
- Set out the scissors, glue, and scraps of construction paper on a table.
- Give each guest a foil covered tube as their robot's body.
- Let them decorate their robot by cutting out small control panels, buttons, and switches from construction paper.
- Help the children glue these onto their tube.
- Next, they can glue on two googly eyes for their robot.
- To finish their creation, ask an adult to staple two pipe cleaners to the top of the robot to make antennae.
- Remember to write each guest's initials on the back of their robot so that everyone can take their creation home at the end of the party.
Top of Page