What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Colored paper plates
- Paper bowls
- Decorating supplies such as markers, gems, foam shapes, glitter glue, pipe cleaners, etc.
- Instruct the children to turn their paper plates over and lay them on the table.
- Then show them how to turn their bowls over and glue them upside down onto the paper plates. This creates the basic flying robot.
- Now let the children decorate their flying robots with markers, glitter glue, foam shapes, etc.
- When the glue has dried, take everyone outside to fly their robots.
- If you wish, award small prizes for Most Creative Robot, Most Alien-Looking Robot, Fastest Flying Robot, Highest Flying Robot, etc.
- Be sure to write each child's initials on their flying robot, so they can take their creation home at the end of the party.
To avoid some of the wait time for glue to dry, you may want to glue the bowls to the paper plates before the party.