Rainbow Birthday Party
A rainbow birthday party theme is easy, affordable and colorful to host! Everything from decorations to the food table can be color-coordinated to create a vibrant atmosphere for your party guests. So it's no wonder rainbow birthday parties are becoming so popular for children of all ages. Read on for ways to turn an ordinary room into a rainbow spectacular!
Rainbow Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic rainbow party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Rainbow birthday party:
- Rainbow construction paper (for making decorations)
- Rainbow candy such as M&Ms and Skittles
- Face paint
- A rainbow moon bounce
- Rainbow Brite or Wizard of Oz toys
- Attach your invitation to a small rainbow lollipop with a note that reads "join us over the rainbow for a sweet day."
- If your child likes to draw, ask them to draw a rainbow on a piece of paper and then write the party details on the page.
- Place rainbow confetti inside the envelopes to surprise yours guests.
- Make a bracelet with rainbow beads for your guests to wear to the party. Or, assign each child a different color and make a bracelet out of that color to wear.
Rainbow Party Decorating & Food
Here are some ways you can make your own decorations for your rainbow birthday party. In addition to our suggestions below, look around the house or visit a thrift store to get other crafty ideas.
- Ask each guest to arrive in clothing that's one solid color. You may need to assign everyone a color ahead of time to make the spectrum complete.
- Use a rainbow variety of solid color tableware, cutlery, balloons and streamers to decorate the party table. If each child has arrived in an assigned color, make sure their placesetting matches.
- Create a rainbow balloon canopy by hanging a net from the ceiling filled with a rainbow of colored balloons. This would look amazing above the party table or food buffet.
- Arrange silk or real flowers by color in matching or white pots. Then line up the flower pots in rainbow order on the table. You can feature everything from roses to lilacs.
- Place white craft paper on the party table for the guests to decorate with crayons. Their artwork will add to the ambiance.
- Other rainbow decorations you may like to include are paper lanterns, party hats, party blowers and favor boxes.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Rainbow themed food into the mix. Here are some colorful suggestions.
- Rainbow Pizza: Create a rainbow pizza by topping a pie with a row of pepperoni, cheddar cheese, pineapple, green peppers, and onions. You may want to create a plain pizza for picky eaters.
- Rainbow Fruit Platter: Arrange fruit on a platter in rainbow order. You can serve strawberries, oranges, bananas, honeydew, blueberries and grapes!
- Rainbow Candy Bouquet: Use our rainbow swirl pops to create a vase full of candy. To make the centerpiece, fill the bottom of the vase with M&Ms or Skittles and then arrange the lollipops on the top. This can be used as a centerpiece and as a favor.
- Decorative Treats: Arrange candy by color in mason jars or bowls around the party table. You can accent each jar with matching ribbons or labels. Remember to line everything up in rainbow order.
- Rainbow Cake: Create rainbow cake batter with this popular recipe. Ice the cake with white frosting and then decorate with M&M candies to create a rainbow on top. You can also use this recipe to make cupcakes if you prefer to serve smaller bites.
Rainbow Party Favors
Thank your guests with colorful party favors! To find a large variety of Rainbow party favors, visit our storeand click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Rainbow bracelets and rings
- Rainbow pencil cases and erasers
- Rainbow hair extensions
- Rainbow lollipops
- Candy necklaces
- Silly shape rubber bands