Racecar Party Ideas
Rev up your child's birthday party with our Race Car Party Ideas! We've provided general party planning tips, as well as great race car decorating ideas, and food, game, and activity suggestions, that are sure to please all the speed racers at your party!
Race Car Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic race car party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Race Car party:
- Remote control cars
- A car-related movie such as Transformers: The Animated Series, Disney's Cars, or Herbie: The Love Bug
- A racing video game such as Mario Kart, Need for Speed, Burn Out or Gran Turismo
- Matchbox cars and race tracks
- Fold a piece of red construction paper in half, and cut out a car shape. Cut black construction-paper circles for the wheels, and attach them to the card with brass fasteners so they spin. Then, add all of the party details inside. Place each invitation in a card envelope or a small manila envelope, and seal the envelopes with car stickers.
- Be creative with the party details by writing a theme-appropriate message inside each invitation, like Rev your engines at 2 PM on April 5.Racetrack Location:123 Wheel AvenueCall the Pit Captain at 555-123-4567 if You're Coming!
Race Car Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Racecar Party Decoration Ideas
Here are a few easy and inexpensive ways to decorate the party area:
- Attach two checkered racing flags to your mailbox or crisscrossed on your front door.
- Make a centerpiece out of Matchbox cars and a toy racetrack.
- Use chalk to draw a "Track" on the driveway and/or sidewalk leading up to your door.
- Make a few signs that say things like "Race Day!", "Curvy Road Ahead", and "Start Your Engines!" and hang them throughout the party area.
- Create a large car from an empty appliance box. Use an X-Acto knife to cut out a few windows, and paint the box red to resemble a race car. Cut out four circles from a sheet of cardboard, spray paint them black, and glue them onto the sides of the box to create wheels.
- Use white and yellow lawn paint to draw a racetrack on the grass in your yard, and hold games here. Include a Start and Finish line, complete with flags.
Race Car Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with off the track party favors! To find a large variety of race car party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Balloon racers
- Race car decks of cards
- Checkered flags
- Racing helmets
- Pull-back cars
- Race car stickers
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Racecar Party Food IdeasWhen it comes to food, party goers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve race car-themed treats, consider these ideas:
- Set up a concession stand for children to "order" lunch as if they were at the track. Have hotdogs, soft pretzels, nachos, popcorn, and other snacks available.
- Make "Stop Lights" using a round object (like a cookie/biscuit cutter or the top of a glass) to cut out circles of green, yellow and red Jell-O.
- Make quick and easy "wheels" from any round cookie, by adding an M&M or junior mint in the center as the hubcap.