The goal of this game is to accumulate the most points for your team by either defending or stealing a toy car during multiple rounds.
At the Party:
- Mark a playing area in the grass that's at least 30 feet by 30 feet.
- Designate two goal lines at opposite ends of the field.
- Find a good-sized toy car and place it in the center of the field.
- Divide the children into two equal teams. Designate which team will be the "Thieves" and which will be the "Police," then instruct the teams to stand behind their goal lines.
- To start the game, one "Police Officer" (i.e. the defender) steps onto the playing area to guard the car sitting in the center of the field.
- One "Thief" steps onto the field to steal the car. To succeed, the Thief must entice the Police Officer into a chase by weaving, dodging, looking bored, etc. In the middle of this chase, the Thief tries to run to the center of the field, grab the car, and carry it past his team's goal line.
- Teammates should shout encouragement to their player while this chase takes place.
- A point is scored for the Thieves if the Thief on the field succeeds in stealing the car and transporting it past his team's goal line. A point is scored for the Police if the Police Officer on the field successfully defends the car by tagging the Thief before he grabs the car or runs past his team's goal line with it. Play continues until everyone on each team has had a chance to play.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.