What You'll Need:
- Yellow Fun Foam (available at craft stores)
- Gold or Silver Metallic Spray Paint
- Thin Wooden Dowels
- At Least 3 Colors of Metallic Curling Ribbon
- Craft Glue or a Glue Gun and Hot Glue Sticks
- Glitter Glue (optional)
At the Party:
- Cut dowels into 12" lengths, and spray paint each with metallic paint.
- Cut out yellow stars (two for each wand) from yellow Fun Foam.
- Cut three 2' lengths of curling ribbon for each wand.
Give each child a painted dowel, two yellow stars, and three lengths of ribbon. Walk the children through the following instructions to create their wands:
- Place one star on the table.
- Position one end of the dowel in the middle of the star.
- Hold the ribbons together, find the middle, and fold the strands in half.
- Place the folded part of the ribbons over the middle of the star laying on the table.
- Squeeze glue around the edges of the star, as well as over the dowel and folded part of the ribbons.
- Position the second star on top of the first, and press them together.
- Let the wand dry.
- To complete the wand, curl the ribbons, and, if desired, squeeze glitter glue around the edges of the star for decoration.