Beauty and the Beast Party Ideas
Since 1991 young girls have been enchanted by the Disney classic Beauty and the Beast. The story teaches children that appearances can be deceiving and love can be found when you least expect it. If you'd like to invite your child's friends to "be your guests" for the day, consider having a Princess Belle birthday! This guide will give you theme related tips for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more!
Beauty & The Beast Party Planning and Invitations
In addition to basic Beauty and the Beast party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Beauty and the Beast party:
- Roses (silk or real)
- Beauty and the Beast dolls
- Disney's Beauty and the Beast soundtrack and movie
- Beauty and the Beast costumes
- Inanimate objects that you can turn into characters with googly eyes and sticker faces
Ask your child's favorite friends to "be your guest" along with Princess Belle, Lumiere and Beast! Here are some creative invitation ideas to inspire you!
- Take a photo of your daughter in a yellow ball gown like the one Belle wears. You can even pose her next to a tea pot and candelabra. Use photo software to print the picture on matte photo paper. On the back of the photo you can write the party details in calligraphy
- Film a video of your child singing one of her favor songs from Beauty and the Beast. At the end of the video, ask her to invite everyone to be her guest at her birthday! Email the videos or burn them to a disc and mail in a padded envelope.
- Cut the shape of a rose out of construction paper. On the front of the rose write "Hurry over before the last pedal falls!"
Beauty & The Beast Decorating and Food
Here are some ideas that will turn your party area into an enchanted castle and your food table into a French market!
- Use our sticker faces to decorate inanimate objects you already own. Place them on tea pots, cups, clocks and candlesticks around the room. Voila! Your objects are now enchanted!
- Create tapestries by pinning a pretty sheet of fabric to the wall. You can also hang them by pinning each corner to the ceiling.
- Create a long banquet table by lining up shorter tables. Cover the tables with one of our princess table covers.
- Play the movie Beauty and the Beast quietly on a loop in the background of the party. You could also play music from the movie or play instead.
- Use a lot of gold and blue star balloons to create a beautiful enchanted night scene.
- Place fairytale books in piles around the room to symbolize Belle's love of reading.
- Make your own Beast by dressing up a large lion stuffed animal in a prince costume.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, add some Beauty and the Beast themed foods into the mix. Here are some suggestions your princesses will love!
- Use cookie cutters in the shape of stars, flowers and hearts to cut finger sandwiches, cheese slices, deli meat and watermelon. Serve on a pretty platter with crackers.
- Serve soup but make sure your guests don't slobber like Beast!
- Make linzer heart cookies and petit fours as elegant snacks and serve them on a tiered serving tray.
- Have a tea party and serve tea or strawberry milk in fancy tea cups.
- Mini crescent rolls filled with jam, chocolate or cream cheese can be excellent finger foods. Try making the cream cheese pink with a little red food coloring.
- Make a fruit tray with strawberry yogurt as a dip.
Beauty & The Beast Party Favors
Thank your guests with enchanted party favors! To find a large variety of Princess Belle party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Stickers and temporary tattoos
- Shaped princess rubber bands
- Fun shaped lollipops and candy jewelry
- Punch balloons featuring Disney Princesses
- Rings and other costume jewelry
- Reusable tote bags
- Princess craft kits and coloring books