Princess Belle Party
Since 1991 young girls have been enchanted by the Disney classic Beauty and the Beast. The story teaches children that appearances can be deceiving and love can be found when you least expect it. If you'd like to invite your child's friends to "be your guests" for the day, consider having a Princess Belle birthday! This guide will give you theme related tips for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more! Shop Beauty and the Beast Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Food Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Princess Belle party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Beauty and the Beast party:
- Roses (silk or real)
- Beauty and the Beast dolls
- Disney's Beauty and the Beast soundtrack and movie
- Beauty and the Beast costumes
- Inanimate objects that you can turn into characters with our Sticker Faces
- A castle pinata
- Take a photo of your daughter in a yellow ball gown like the one Belle wears. You can even pose her next to a tea pot and candelabra. Use photo software to print the picture on matte photo paper. On the back of the photo you can write the party details in calligraphy (or use a calligraphy font from the computer).
- If you can hand deliver your invitations, give each guest a silk rose to keep too!
- Film a video of your child singing one of her favor songs from Beauty and the Beast. At the end of the video, ask her to invite everyone to be her guest at her birthday! Email the videos or burn them to a disc and mail in a padded envelope.
- Cut the shape of a rose out of construction paper. On the front of the rose write "Hurry over before the last pedal falls!" On the back of the invitation you can write a cute Beauty and the Beast rhyme such as:
Far away in a castle a princess awaits,To grow a year older and then celebrate! The pedals are falling; the spell's almost done, So please join Belle for enchanted birthday fun!
Princess Belle Party Decoration Ideas Here are some ideas that will turn your party area into an enchanted castle and your food table into a French market!
- Use our Sticker Faces to decorate inanimate objects you already own. Place them on tea pots, cups, clocks and candlesticks around the room. Voila! Your objects are now enchanted!
- Create tapestries by pinning a pretty sheet of fabric to the wall. You can also hang them by pinning each corner to the ceiling.
- Create a long banquet table by lining up shorter tables. Cover the tables with one of our princess table covers.
- Play the movie Beauty and the Beast quietly on a loop in the background of the party. You could also play music from the movie or play instead.
- Decorate the food buffet to look like a French market. To do this, make or purchase several square wood boxes and use only the bottoms. Inside the boxes place apples, oranges, baguettes, and bananas. Label the boxes with the French names for what's inside (pomme/apple, orange/orange, pain/bread, and banane/banana).
- Use a lot of gold and blue star balloons to create a beautiful enchanted night scene.
- Place fairytale books in piles around the room to symbolize Belle's love of reading.
- Make your own Beast by dressing up a large lion stuffed animal in a prince costume.
- Use cookie cutters in the shape of stars, flowers and hearts to cut finger sandwiches, cheese slices, deli meat and watermelon. Serve on a pretty platter with crackers.
- Serve soup but make sure your guests don't slobber like Beast!
- Make linzer heart cookies and petit fours as elegant snacks and serve them on a tiered serving tray.
- Have a tea party and serve tea or strawberry milk in fancy tea cups.
- Mini crescent rolls filled with jam, chocolate or cream cheese can be excellent finger foods. Try making the cream cheese pink with a little red food coloring.
- Make a fruit tray with strawberry yogurt as a dip.
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipe to make the cake batter.
- Make the frosting using our Buttercream frosting recipe.
- Bake two 8" or 9" square cakes, and stack them with frosting between the two layers.
- Frost the entire cake and four ice cream cones in pink frosting.
- Set the cones upside down by the four corners of the cake to create turrets.
- Stick miniature flags on toothpicks and place in the cones. If your child has tiny Beauty and the Beast figures, stand them around the castle.
Party Favor IdeasPrincess Belle Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with enchanted party favors! To find a large variety of Princess Belle party favors, visit our Beauty and the Beast party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Stickers and temporary tattoos
- Shaped princess rubber bands
- Fun shaped lollipops and candy jewelry
- Punch balloons featuring Disney Princesses
- Rings and other costume jewelry
- Reusable tote bags
- Princess craft kits and coloring books
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Disney Princess Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Disney Princess Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.