Princess and the Frog Party Ideas
Tiana is the newest Disney princess to delight little girls! Throw an enchanted party for your child and her friends with our Princess and the Frog Party Ideas. Our planning guide has ideas for the invitations, decorations, party games, and more!
Princess & The Frog Party Planning and Invitations
In addition to basic Princess and the Frog party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Princess and the Frog party:
- The Princess and the Frog movie and soundtrack
- Tiana dolls
- Stuffed frogs
- Disney princess costumes
- A pinata
- Cut a tiara out of gold cardstock and decorate the border with plastic jewels and glitter glue. Write your party details in calligraphy.
- Visit your local craft store for princess-themed die cuts such as a tiara, frog, or princess dress. These die cuts can easily turn a plain card into an elegant invitation.
- Cut frog shapes from heavy green paper. Draw a frog face on the front and write your party details on the back side. You could even cut a mouth slit in the paper frog and slide in a long pink paper tongue. Write the party details on the frog's tongue.
Princess & The Frog Party Decorating and Food
Set the mood for your Princess Tiana party with these ideas:
- Twist together light blue and lavender streamers and drape them from the ceiling. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle of the ceiling (or from a chandelier, if you have one) to the sides of the room. Then create a door curtain that the children can walk through out of the streamers.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads
"Welcome to Princess [child's name]'s Birthday Ball"
- Cut out lily pads from green paper and place them along the driveway to greet your party guests. Or use green sidewalk chalk to draw the lily pads, and write a guest's name on each one.
- Use houseplants and artificial trees to decorate the party space. Place toy frogs peeking out from behind the leaves.
- Fill the party area with huge tissue paper flowers. Use 6-8 sheets of pastel-colored tissue paper for each flower. Lay the sheets on top of each other in a pile, and fold the pile accordion-style. Tie the layers together at their centers by twisting a piece of fuzzy pipe cleaner over the middle. (The pipe cleaner also forms the flower's stem.) Then fluff each layer of the tissue, one at a time, to complete your flowers.
- Make a sash for the birthday girl out of blue fabric that says "Princess [child's name]".
Choose from these suggestions to create your party menu, and be sure to include both princess and frog themed choices:
- Serve the food on pretty trays and tiered plate stands.
- Use cookie cutters to make jam sandwiches in heart and star shapes.
- Make a fruit tray with strawberry yogurt as a dip.
- Chicken tenders can be renamed Frog Legs, and spinach dip served with breadsticks can become Swamp Dip with Logs.
- Dip strawberries in melted white chocolate and give one to each guest for a special treat.
- Serve sparkling juice in plastic champagne glasses.
Princess & The Frog Party Favors
Thank your guests with magical party favors! To find a large variety of Tiana party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Mini frog toys
- Princess and the Frog rings
- Princess and the Frog lipgloss
- Princess and the Frog stickers and temporary tattoos
- Princess and the Frog tiaras
- Princess coloring books
- Frog shaped lollipops