Princess and Knight Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
What do you do when your daughter is demanding a princess party and wants to invite boys too? Or what happens if your son wants to parade around as a dashing knight for a day but there are still princesses to be rescued? The answer is simple; combine two parties into one magical day! Below are our enchanting ideas for a princess and knight party that will make sure both boys and girls have fun.
Princess & Knight Party Planning and Invitations
In addition to basic princess party supplies and knight party supplies like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your royal party:
- Princess and knight costumes
- A bouncy castle
- Wands for princesses
- Toy swords and shields for the knights
- A pony
- Fake treasure boxes and jewels
- Dragon stuffed animals
- A fairytale movie such as Shrek, Enchanted or Sleeping Beauty
- Attach a note with the party details to a goblet and hand-deliver them to each guest. You can fill each goblet with candy too!
- Deliver your invitations on horseback.
- Print your party details on stationary with a scroll background and use a calligraphy font. Roll up each piece of paper and tie it with a red ribbon. Then, hand deliver to each guest. You can use the following poem if you'd like on the scroll.
Princess & Knight Party Decorating and Food
Decorate your castle for royalty with these easy suggestions that will impress your guests.
- Set the table with personalized placemats. These will keep the table clean during mealtime or craft time and can be taken home as favors.
- Make red, yellow and purple flags out of fabric or construction paper and string them together, alternating colors. Hang them around the ceiling or from the tables.
- Lay a cardboard drawbridge at the door for the children to walk over.
- Sprinkle all tables with faux red and purple gems.
- Get a variety of large and medium boxes from your local appliance store. Cut a jagged edge on top and spray paint them gray so they resemble the walls of a castle. Arrange the boxes around the party entranceway. Leave an opening large enough for your guests to walk through on their way into the party area. Secure the boxes to each other by poking small holes through them and stringing craft wire through the holes, twisting to secure.
- Form a canopy using yellow and silver streamers. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle of the ceiling (or from a chandelier, if you have one) to the sides of the room.
- Set out toy swords, tiaras, toy shields and wands around the room.
- If you have a friendly dog, dress him up in a dragon costume!
25% Off Sitewide (bb25) with code: bb25
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Princess and Knight themed food into the mix. Here are some royal suggestions.
- Serve your guests food "medieval style"-that is, with plenty of napkins but no utensils. Let them feast on giant turkey legs and corn on the cob. Or, for smaller partygoers, use chicken legs and French fries.
- Serve sparkling cider in plastic champagne glasses
- Dragon's Breath Punch: Freeze orange and red-colored ice cubes (a combination of Kool-Aid and cranberry juice works well) before the party. At the party, serve a lemon-lime soda or ginger ale, and let each child drop in the "frozen dragon's breath" ice cube that will turn their drink into a magical treat!
- Serve meatball and veggie kabobs on wooden spears.
- For effect, serve all the party food in metal buckets or pans.
Princess & Knight Party Favors
Thank your guests for coming to your castle with magical party favors! To find a large variety of Princess and Knight party favors, visit our store page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Bubble wands
- Knight swords
- Dragon and knight figures
- Temporary tattoos and stickers
- Candy necklaces and rings
- Fairytale finger puppets
- Personalized products like coloring books, zipper pulls and bookmarks
- Complete princess or knight favor sets