Princess and Knight
What do you do when your daughter is demanding a princess party and wants to invite boys too? Or what happens if your son wants to parade around as a dashing knight for a day but there are still princesses to be rescued? The answer is simple; combine two parties into one magical day! Below are our enchanting ideas for a princess and knight party that will make sure both boys and girls have fun. Shop all our Princess and Knight themes Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Food Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Princess and Knight party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your royal party:
- Princess and knight costumes
- A bouncy castle
- Wands for princesses
- Toy swords and shields for the knights
- A pony
- Fake treasure boxes and jewels
- Dragon stuffed animals
- A fairytale movie such as Shrek, Enchanted or Sleeping Beauty
- A castle pinata
- Attach a note with the party details to a goblet and hand-deliver them to each guest. You can fill each goblet with candy too!
- Deliver your invitations along with a knight cape for the boys and a princess crown for the girls. Make sure you ask them to wear their costumes to the party!
- Print your party details on stationary with a scroll background and use a calligraphy font. Roll up each piece of paper and tie it with a red ribbon. Then, hand deliver to each guest. You can use the following poem if you'd like on the scroll.
Hear ye, hear ye all princesses and knights,Nyah's having a party that's sure to excite! So prepare the royal carriage and head towards our street, We'll tame mighty dragons and then eat something sweet!
- We also have personalized invitations you can send to your guests. Each invitation includes an envelope and is already customized with your party information.
Princess and Knight Party Decoration Ideas Decorate your castle for royalty with these easy suggestions that will impress your guests.
- Set the table with personalized placemats. You can use knight placematsfor the boys and princess placemats for the girls. These will keep the table clean during mealtime or craft time and can be taken home as favors.
- Make red, yellow and purple flags out of fabric or construction paper and string them together, alternating colors. Hang them around the ceiling or from the tables.
- Lay a cardboard drawbridge at the door for the children to walk over.
- Sprinkle all tables with faux red and purple gems.
- Get a variety of large and medium boxes from your local appliance store. Cut a jagged edge on top and spray paint them gray so they resemble the walls of a castle. Arrange the boxes around the party entranceway. Leave an opening large enough for your guests to walk through on their way into the party area. Secure the boxes to each other by poking small holes through them and stringing craft wire through the holes, twisting to secure.
- Form a canopy using yellow and silver streamers. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle of the ceiling (or from a chandelier, if you have one) to the sides of the room.
- Set out toy swords, tiaras, toy shields and wands around the room.
- If you have a friendly dog, dress him up in a dragon costume!
- Serve your guests food "medieval style"-that is, with plenty of napkins but no utensils. Let them feast on giant turkey legs and corn on the cob. Or, for smaller partygoers, use chicken legs and French fries.
- Serve sparkling cider in plastic champagne glasses.
- Dragon's Breath Punch: Freeze orange and red-colored ice cubes (a combination of Kool-Aid and cranberry juice works well) before the party. At the party, serve a lemon-lime soda or ginger ale, and let each child drop in the "frozen dragon's breath" ice cube that will turn their drink into a magical treat!
- Serve meatball and veggie kabobs on wooden spears.
- For effect, serve all the party food in metal buckets or pans.
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipe to make the cake batter.
- Make the frosting using our Buttercream frosting recipe.
- Bake two 8" or 9" square cakes, and stack them with frosting between the two layers.
- Frost the entire cake and four ice cream cones in chocolate frosting.
- Set the cones upside down by the four corners of the cake to create turrets.
- Frost the cones in an additional color of your choice like red and yellow.
- Stick miniature flags on toothpicks into the cones.
- If your child has tiny knight and princess figures, stand them around the castle.
Party Favor IdeasPrincess and Knight Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests for coming to your castle with magical party favors! To find a large variety of Princess and Knight party favors, visit our Princess or Knight party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Bubble wands
- Knight swords
- Dragon and knight figures
- Temporary tattoos and stickers
- Candy necklaces and rings
- Fairytale finger puppets
- Personalized products like coloring books, zipper pulls and bookmarks
- Complete princess or knight favor sets
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Princess and Knight Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Princess and Knight Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.