Pony Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Plan a spectacular birthday party your little horse fanatic will love with our Pony Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great pony-themed supplies, decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Pony Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic pony party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Pony party:
- A live pony the children can ride
- Bales of hay
- Stuffed ponies or toy ponies
- Cowboy music
- Cowboy costumes and hats
- A horse pinata
Creative invitations build excitement and can increase attendance at your child's Pony Party. If you have time to make your own, be sure to involve your child in choosing the design and filling in the details. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Hand-deliver your invitations along with a cowboy hat or small pony figure.
- Take a picture of your child riding a horse and use computer software to write "Ride to our "Neigh"borhood" on the front. Write the party details on the back.
- If you're having a western-themed party, consider making a "wanted poster" featuring a picture of the invitee and the party details.
Pony Party Decorating & Food
Pony Party Decoration Ideas
Turn your party space into a farm or a rodeo with the help of these pony-themed decoration ideas:
- If you are hosting an outdoor party, go to a local farm and get a few bales of hay to use as decorations or seats.
- If the party is indoors, make stirrups from construction paper, and attach them to the backs of the party table chairs.
- Cut horseshoe and cowboy hat shapes out of construction paper, and hang them on the walls throughout the party area.
- Rent a saddle and a riding helmet from a tack shop. Set the saddle on a bale of hay, and have your partygoers take turns wearing the helmet and sitting on the saddle while you take their pictures.
Pony Party Food Ideas
- Serve your guests little piles of "straw" (i.e. French fries). Thinly-cut fries will have the best effect.
- Give each child an apple. Instruct them to try to eat their apples like horses would - that is, without hands!
- Set up a Chuck Wagon, and serve Sloppy Joes, chili, or grilled hamburgers and hotdogs.
- Bake Horseshoe Biscuits by shaping biscuit dough into horseshoe shapes.
Pony Party Favors
Thank your guests with a stable full of party favors! To find a large variety of horse party favors, visit our pony party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Horse figurines
- Pony photo albums
- Plush mini ponies
- Bubble necklaces
- Horse sticker books and notepads
- Cowboy and cowgirl hats
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops