Plan a spectacular birthday party your little horse fanatic will love with our Pony Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great pony-themed supplies, decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions. Shop all our Pony Party Supplies Browse this guide: Pony Invitations Pony Decorations Pony Food Pony Party Favors Pony Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Pony party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Pony party:
- A live pony the children can ride
- Bales of hay
- Stuffed ponies or toy ponies
- Cowboy music
- Jockey costume accessories or cowboy hats
- A horse pinata
- Hand-deliver your invitations along with a cowboy hat or small pony figure.
- Take a picture of your child riding a horse and use computer software to write "Ride to our "Neigh"borhood" on the front. Write the party details on the back.
- If you're having a western themed party, consider making a "wanted poster" featuring a picture of the invitee and the party details.
- Ask your guests to mosey over to the stables with a cute poem such as:
We're prancing and trotting and ready to cheer,Natalie's birthday party is almost here. So grab your boots, and your cowboy hats too, We're having a pony party and inviting you!
- Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our personalized pony invitations, which will include your child's name and all of the party details.
Pony Party Decoration Ideas
- If you are hosting an outdoor party, go to a local farm and get a few bales of hay to use as decorations or seats.
- If the party is indoors, make stirrups from construction paper, and attach them to the backs of the party table chairs.
- Cut horseshoe and cowboy hat shapes out of construction paper, and hang them on the walls throughout the party area.
- Line the walls with "fences" made with cardboard "planks," scissors or an X-Acto knife, a marker, and packing tape.
- Decorate with cornstalks, if they're available.
- Rent a saddle and a riding helmet from a tack shop. Set the saddle on a bale of hay, and have your partygoers take turns wearing the helmet and sitting on the saddle while you take their pictures. Send copies of the pictures out with your thank you notes as fun party keepsakes.
- Serve your guests little piles of "straw" (i.e. French fries). Thinly-cut fries will have the best effect.
- Give each child an apple. Instruct them to try to eat their apples like horses would-that is, without hands!
- Set up a Chuck Wagon, and serve Sloppy Joes, chili, or grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. Set out condiments and/or sandwich toppings along one side of the counter, and let your guests customize their meals.
- Bake Horseshoe Biscuits by shaping biscuit dough into horseshoe shapes. For ease, use pre-made dough from the refrigerator section of your local grocery store.
- Make S'mores by melting marshmallows and chocolate bars in between graham crackers. You can do this by placing them in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Serve pony party cupcakes by using our chocolate cake batter recipe. Then top with green icing to look like grass. Place a small horse figurine on top of each cupcake and serve.
Party Favor IdeasPony Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with a stable full of party favors! To find a large variety of horse party favors, visit our Pony party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Horse figurines
- Pony photo albums
- Plush mini ponies
- Bubble necklaces
- Horse sticker books and notepads
- Cowboy and cowgirl hats
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Pony Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Pony Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.