Turn on the oven and cook up a delicious pizza party with our Pizza Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great pizza-themed decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions. Shop all our Baking Party Supplies Browse this guide: Pizza Invitations Pizza Decorations Pizza Party Food Pizza Party Favors Pizza Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your pizza party:
- Rolling pins
- Pizza ingredients and toppings
- Pizza cutters
- A pinata
- Make a big pizza out of construction paper. Top with paper cheese, pepperonis, mushrooms, and any other toppings. Then cut the pizza into 8 slices. Each slice can be an invitation for a separate person. On the back of each slice write the party details.
- If you plan to make pizza at your party, ask each guest to bring a different ingredient or topping. Write what they need to bring on their invite.
- Visit your local pizzeria and ask to purchase personal size pizza boxes in which to mail the invitations. Most pizza parlors will give you the limited number of boxes you need free of charge. Your child can get involved by decorating the pizza boxes with paint or markers. Once your child has them all decorated, place an invitation into each box and mail. Postage should only be a dollar or two for this unique delivery method.
- Include a cute rhyme on your invitation such as:
We're tossing Jane's birthday into the air,With freshly baked pizza that's made only with care. We'll then set the fun to 350 degrees, Then sprinkle with presents and some extra cheese!
Pizza Party Decoration Ideas
- Place a red and white checkered table cloth on the dining table.
- Small, aluminum pizza pans can serve as plates.
- Play Italian opera music quietly in the background.
- Make a centerpiece out of a chef's hat, oven mitt, wooden spoon, and pizza pan.
- Place chef hats (one for each guest) on helium-filled balloons. (To make sure the hats stay on the balloons, fill the balloons inside the hats.) As your guests arrive, give each one their own hat and balloon. The children can use markers to draw faces onto their "balloon chefs." Later in the party, the chef hats can be used as party of a craft activity. (See our "Decorator Chefs" activity below.)
- Using construction paper, cut out round pizza shapes, and decorate them with pieces of paper cut to look like pepperoni, sausage, green peppers, olives, etc. Hang the paper pizzas on the walls throughout the party area.
- Place a sign in the front yard or on the door directing guests to "[Birthday Child's Name]'s Pizzeria"--e.g. "Robert's Pizzeria".
- Decorate the birthday cake to look like a pizza. Ice a round cake with light yellow frosting to represent cheese. Ring the edge of the cake with light brown frosting for crust, and add various toppings such as pepperoni (red icing circles), olives (black frosting O's), mushrooms (black frosting T's with slightly curved tops), onions (white frosting circles), etc.
- Serve other Italian foods such as spaghetti, salad and garlic bread.
- Italian desserts include canolis, chocolate eclairs, tiramisu and Italian crme cupcakes.
- Keep drinks simple; soda pop, water, and milk would all be good at a pizza party. However, you may wish to keep juice or other beverages readily available in case guests would prefer something else to drink.
Party Favor IdeasPizza Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with memorable party favors! For a pizza party, you can pass out personalized favors or include a variety of other fun favors. Here are some of our favorite pizza party favors.
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Pizza Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.