What You'll Need:
- Copies of our Penguin Mask Outline
- Elastic bands and a hole punch, OR Popsicle sticks and glue
At the Party:
- Print out several copies of our Penguin Mask Outline (at least one for each guest).
- If guests are too young to use scissors, cut out the penguin masks in advance.
- You will also need to cut out the eye holes, the mouth hole, and the two side holes (all marked as black circles).
- Give each guest a copy of the Penguin Mask Outline.
- If your guests are old enough, let them cut the masks out themselves.
- The children can color their own masks using markers.
- After the children are done decorating their masks, you can attach either an elastic band or a Popsicle stick to each mask.
- If you opt for elastic bands, use a hole punch to punch holes on the left and right sides of each mask, slightly above the middle.
- Tie a knot at one end of each elastic band, thread it through both holes (around the back of the mask) and tie a knot at the other end of the band. (As an alternative to the hole punch, you can staple the elastic bands to the masks.)
- If you're using Popsicle sticks, glue the top third of each stick to the bottom back of each mask, and let them dry for about 15 minutes.
- Give the children a few minutes to play while wearing their masks.
Top of Page