At the Party:
Ocean Quiz Questions:
- Divide your guests into two teams.
- Set a time limit for answering each question (e.g. 30 seconds).
- Ask one team a question from the list below, then ask the other team a question, and so on, alternating back and forth until you've read through the list.
- Award points to the teams when they answer their questions correctly.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
- I am an animal with claws, and I walk sideways on the sand. What am I? (Answer: Crab)
- I'm a long fish that looks like a snake. (Answer: Eel)
- I have long, stringy, stinging tentacles that trail behind my body. (Answer: Jellyfish)
- If you break off one of my five arms, it will grow back. (Answer: Starfish)
- I'm the largest animal in the sea, but I'm not a fish; I'm a mammal. (Answer: Whale)
- I have big eyes and lots of arms with suction cups on them. (Answer: Octopus)
- I'm a long, wavy green plant that lives in the ocean. (Answer: Seaweed)
- I'm much too small for you to ride, but part of my name is the same as a much bigger farm animal that could carry you. (Answer: Seahorse)
- I'm an animal that lives in a shell. When I get too big for this portable house of mine, I find a new one. You probably saw me in the movie "The Little Mermaid." (Answer: Hermit Crab)
- I am a mammal that lives in the ocean. I communicate using clicks and whistle sounds. If you need a hint, I am the animal in the movie "Flipper." (Answer: Dolphin)
- I am a fish with whiskers. (Answer: Catfish)
- I am a meat-eating fish with very sharp teeth. (Answer: Shark)
- I am the shellfish in which you find pearls. (Answer: Oyster)
- I'm an orange-colored fish that you find in ponds and in bowls on people's counters. (Answer: Goldfish)
- I'm a funny black and white bird that lives near the ocean but doesn't fly! (Answer: Penguin)
- I'm a playful sea creature that spends lots of time on rocks. You may see me balancing a ball on my nose at the zoo. (Answer: Seal)
Top of Page